V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an e.f.i. racetuner off of ebay. The problem is the sealed box that the dongle comes in has a different part # from the other ones I have seen on ebay. The ones on ebay that I can see have 32107-01-SUBA, mine has 32114-01-SUBA. This is awful close to the part # for the ignition racetuners which have 32124-01-SUBA on their sealed box inside. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two or why mine has this other part number?

TIA, Roy

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
2002classic said:
I just purchased an e.f.i. racetuner off of ebay. The problem is the sealed box that the dongle comes in has a different part # from the other ones I have seen on ebay. The ones on ebay that I can see have 32107-01-SUBA, mine has 32114-01-SUBA. This is awful close to the part # for the ignition racetuners which have 32124-01-SUBA on their sealed box inside. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two or why mine has this other part number?

TIA, Roy
Roy,
My hardware key p/n is 32114-01A with a date of 8/30/05 and works fine.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Roy,

My hardware key is also 32114-01a-suba. Works perfectly! I also got mine off of
Ebay.

What's your CD part #? The latest is 32117-01f.

Ride Safe - Ken

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
05FLHRI said:
Roy,

My hardware key is also 32114-01a-suba. Works perfectly! I also got mine off of
Ebay.

What's your CD part #? The latest is 32117-01f.

Ride Safe - Ken
Ken,
My cd is part # 32117-01E. I might just use it first or is the "F" version a lot
better?

Thanks for the replies, Roy

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Your CD is fine. I used the "E" version alot. I've got "F" on order from Zanotti's for 2 weeks now. I was just wondering if you had it.

Ken

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
05FLHRI said:
Your CD is fine. I used the "E" version alot. I've got "F" on order from Zanotti's for 2 weeks now. I was just wondering if you had it.

Ken
Ken:

How much are they charging for the "F" version CD?

Thanks!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Wizwill said:
How much are they charging for the "F" version CD?

Thanks!
20 bucks. Mine has been on order for 2 weeks also.

·
Another Old Fart
241 Posts
wyodude said:
20 bucks. Mine has been on order for 2 weeks also.
I got one on order also about a week now Zanotti's said cd is on backorder from MOCO, will ship in a couple of weeks. Paid 14.50 + 6.67 s&h

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Speaking of buying a SERT on EBAY, I see this guy withdrew his Race Tuner Item number: 4594060985 after I asked him if it was NEW. He came back & told me if it was NEW, he would have said so and if I didn't like the description, I should go jump! I replied that actually, if I didn't like the description, I would complain to EBAY......
Really, what is the point of buying a USED race tuner? a spare cable perhaps? the bid start was $75, expensive cable.......
And worse, he is a Canadian......... :(

I think this may have been answered elsewhere, but I forgot, is the 32107-01D SERT the first model with USB cable connection?

Aslo, I have been searching the EFI forum for the post where someone had posted the Maps in Excel format but I cannot find it; does anyone have them handy?

Thanks, John :)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I thought the Race Tuner initialized to one and only one bike. Once used, it will not work on any other bike. So the used question seems very appropriate. Maybe that is why he pulled his auction.

8-Ball

·
05 FLHTCI
345 Posts
SERT needs serial or converter

Snowman,

I didn't think the SERT ever came with a USB cable. There where a whole boatload of discussions about how hard it is to find a good USB to serial converter. If I am wrong, that would be a nice upgrade to have, but I think even the newest SERT is still serial.

David

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
SERT USB vs serial port connection

BaggerDave said:
Snowman,

I didn't think the SERT ever came with a USB cable. There where a whole boatload of discussions about how hard it is to find a good USB to serial converter. If I am wrong, that would be a nice upgrade to have, but I think even the newest SERT is still serial.

David
Sorry, no native SERT USB connection. As a longtime computer consultant, I can attest that USB "converters" don't work very well. A dedicated PC card serial port adapter might work on a laptop and a quality PCI serial port card will work on a desktop.

I still put floppy drives in newbuilds for emergency bootups and proper BIOS upgrades and much prefer a mainboard with a real serial port. Most quality mainboards still have at least one.

FYI, Intel mainboards are considered the gold standard for non-gamer machines

Wizwill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts