V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a race tuner, is it a self install like the Power Commander or is it a dealer install? I figure it is plug and play just like a PC. Thanks.

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
It's a "no install" self install.. ;)

You put some software on your PC, plug the module into the PC and into the Diag port on the bike and remap. There's nothing left on the bike (hardware wise) when you are done.

Brad

·
Registered
78 Posts
VB05Custom said:
Thanks for the info Ride. I am familiar with the PC. Does the race tuner have maps like the PC?
The SERT has all of the same maps that the dealer charges $150 to download...

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
VB05Custom said:
Thanks for the info Ride. I am familiar with the PC. Does the race tuner have maps like the PC?
Electronic Fuel Injection Tuner
Screamin’ Eagle Calibration Information
Version 4.5.2

Model Year 2006 Software Updates
• Added the following Model Year 2006 specific calibrations.
34. 141NU002 – 1550 Stage 2 for Shotgun or Shorty-Dual style exhaust.
35. 141NW002 –1550 Stage 2 for Shotgun or Shorty-Dual style exhaust with Oxygen Sensors.
36. 141MP002 – 1690 FLHTCUSEi with SE A/C and mufflers.
37. 129NK012 – 1550 CNC with 50 mm Intake and Shotgun or Shorty-Dual style exhaust with Oxygen
Sensors.
38. 129NO003 – 1690 Super High Output with 50 mm Intake and Shotgun or Shorty-Dual style
exhaust with Oxygen Sensors.
39. 127NO003 – 1690 Super High Output with 50 mm Intake and Shotgun or Shorty-Dual style
exhaust.
40. 127YN001 – 1250 VRSCSE2 with SE A/C and Stock Mufflers.
• Corrected parts listings for SE Pro 50 mm EFI Throttle Body.
• Corrected parts listings for SE Pro Tunable 2 into 1 Exhaust.
#32117-01F has 40 maps. Latest -01G may have a few more.

HTH's

:cheers:

·
Road Hawg
146 Posts
RideMyWideGlide said:
It's a "no install" self install.. ;)
You put some software on your PC, plug the module into the PC and into the Diag port on the bike and remap. There's nothing left on the bike (hardware wise) when you are done.

Brad
Ok, now I am really confused. I was thinking about getting a SERT now, preparing for future upgrades. I am going to pay almost $400 for just software and a cable? If this is true, can't a dealer just load a map for you? (at a charge of course). License issues notwithstanding, can just I get someone who bought the tuner to download a map to my bike?

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
1. The dealer can download a generic map which may or may not be all you need. If you are planning future mods you will again need another map to match that build. With the SERT future maps are not a problem.
2. The SERT, once used, is locked electronically to your ECM and will not work on another ECM.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth on this topic.

I bought the power commander II for my 05 Ultra. Found a map on the included CD that matched my Rheinhart true duals and SE intake perfectly. Talked to local HD service manager and he worked me a deal on a dyno tune while it was in for a service. HP gain was 14 at the wheel over stock close to the same on torque. Bike runs perfect with no back firing. -2$en#e- I like the power commander because it's infinetely adjustable without putting different maps into it. Of course you can go with pre-programmed maps as well. Seems like the pre-programmed maps run a little on the rich side. Probably for the engines protection. Could be from my altitude too, being around 4500 feet above sea level.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
The SERT has base maps to get you close depending upon your build, but then everything is completely adjustable. If you wanted to take the time, you could create any SERT Map from scratch by editing the tables. The SERT data mode is nice to, as even without an Air-Fuel probe you can road test the bike and use the collected data to further refine your map.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sert

How do you access the data mode?

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
It's part of the install software on your computer. You should have to icons, SERT Tuning mode, and SERT DATA mode.

Brad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts