V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded their shocks to these guys Caddies shocks or used their Gold Fork Emulator valve upgrade for the Harley Softail and or Deuce?

Thanks, saw this in a book of upgrades for the Twin Cam and am curious as to anyone who has done this as I will have my fork apart this winter

MJ

·
Twin Fan
80 Posts
I am interested in hearing from folks who have done this, as well.

Looking at the same kit for my Night Train. My front end is way too squishy.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I did the Race tech fork mod on my VFR800 -- wow did it make a difference. Much plusher, more controlled ride -- soaked up all the bumps and kept that tire glued to the road. It's definitely on my list of things to do. Now if I can only find a pair of Ohlins for the back:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
I've got the Gold Valves and their springs in an 03 Wide Glide. Makes a world of difference in ride comfort and fork compliance.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I too installed the emulators and springs in my 05' FXDI forks. They take the wallowing out of sweepers and handle the short bumps much better. Worth the money.

·
NTBFW
32 Posts
tommoore said:
I too installed the emulators and springs in my 05' FXDI forks. They take the wallowing out of sweepers and handle the short bumps much better. Worth the money.

I am ordering this kit for my 04 FXDI this weekend, and also Progressive 440 HDs for the ass end. Did you do anything for the rear on yours?

·
Banned
20 Posts
We've used their stuff before and always had very good results. Their gold emulators are very cool, have them on my bagger and it handles like a dream.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts