V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long ago I posted how my buddy was looking to do up his 05 1200r sporty with the Storz Perf. XR1200 parts. Well he FINALLY got the bulk of his parts. The main 2 components are the tank and seat/fender. In discussing a paint scheme w/ him, he wants to reproduce the standard black/orange/white HD "traditional" race colors. IMO he ought to do something "different". Utilize similar layout, but with a twist. Use black as primary color and use med. silver flake and a candy tangerine as secondarys. To me, I'd bet EVERY bike that gets done with this race style gets the SAME paint scheme...the HD race style. Not that you see a ton of these sportys done this way, i'm just suggesting straying away from the obvious in the paint dept. Any Opinions either way out there????

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Hows about something along the lines of the 883R or the 1200S tank schema. Those look nice with the checker board patterns.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is more what I was thinking

this was just subtle changes more black than orange....I saw a black & silver V-Rod that was built by Performance Machine (PM) as a demo and i REALLY liked the contrasts of the black & silver flake. I'd like him to try that but I don't think he's got the balls to do something too different

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it does look cool

hdrk4 said:
I can't believe that pic is a sporty. That bike looks great, I even like the paint.
The 1st post is the Storz Performance bike. The 2nd post is a basic rendering/modification to the 1st done w/ photoshop (not an actual paint job...yet). His bike does look cool, even with the tank in bare aluminum and the seat/fender in white gel coat. He doesn't have the pipes yet. We've just been discussing the paint scheme back & forth. Should be a pretty unique bike when it's done. I think he's using buell trees & upside down forks off something else. It will have race style 18" sun or excel rims, so far chrome or polished w/ polished stainless spokes. It's coming along....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts