V-Twin Forum banner

R U using "fork skins"?

981 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  wurkenman 
#1 ·
I have been looking at Kuryakyn Fork Skins on page 514 of the 2003 J&P catalog and have been thinking of adding them to my Wide Glide. I'm wondering if any of you have put them on your bike (or have seen them on someone else's bike). Since they can cover only the outer half of the fork sliders, I was wondering if they looked like they belonged on the bike or if they looked like they had been "slapped on."

Also, in the picture showing them on the bike, it looks like the rubber fork boots are covered with chrome caps but no caps are not shown in the picture below. Are the caps included or are they a separate purchase?

Thanks,

#7 ·
I have them on my Low Rider and I have to disagree with xxxflhrci. They don't look cheesy and they don't rattle. The top part is a fork brace and it seems to help handling at high speed. I had to remove them recently to replace the axle nut covers (due to a cage pulling out in front of me) and the forks look like new, no corrosion. I have the chrome sliders on the Road King and I will admit they are nicer but if your looking for a cheaper alternative the Fork Skins are OK. Just my .02.

#8 ·
wurkenman said:
The caps are included.
wurkenman, when you say the caps are included, are you referring to the caps on the fork nuts or the caps on the rubber fork boots?

In another post, I noticed you had your bike out earlier this week when we got to 52 and 49 degrees for two days. I'll guess that it is back in the shed now that the highs are in the single digits or teens and with the wind blowing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.