V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on that today what is a good option for a 4.375 crank, for a new purchase and no current core except the 4.0 stocker, all things considered, cost value, performance, durability. What about having the whole thing blueprinted and welded and moving the pin of the stocker to get the stroke?

·
Speed Addict
467 Posts
nw_guy4_fun said:
Based on that today what is a good option for a 4.375 crank, for a new purchase and no current core except the 4.0 stocker, all things considered, cost value, performance, durability. What about having the whole thing blueprinted and welded and moving the pin of the stocker to get the stroke?

Why not the SE 23600-00?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
The issue with the factory wheels shifting is that they are so soft unlike the XR750 wheels that are heat treated moon rock hard. The R&R 5 piece will be tapered pins bolted together with nuts like the cranks they use on there 155" engines.

·
Speed Addict
467 Posts
KingofCubes said:
The issue with the factory wheels shifting is that they are so soft unlike the XR750 wheels that are heat treated moon rock hard. The R&R 5 piece will be tapered pins bolted together with nuts like the cranks they use on there 155" engines.

Definitely sounds like a nice piece, but it seemed that the need for a set of wheels was more immediate than 4-5 months. If I can spin 23600-00 which are tig welded in 4 places, as well as balanced and lightened, I guess I will have to detune for now.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course the SE part I am considering
But by the time I have it welded and balanced etc. the cost I question and then consider perhaps an S&S with just a weld or even wonder the feasability of moving the pin and stroking the stocker with the rest of the work like solid pin, welded and lightening.

·
Speed Addict
467 Posts
The amount of work put into my wheels is pretty rare for a street build, but I expect to ride it like I stole it. I live less than 20 minutes from the Speedway and plan on turning at least a 10.5 before I am done,

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The cranks will be rebuildable for a shop that has a truing stand. I had heard that it was about 3 months out. But then again I asked about them a few weeks ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts