V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing about these new cams, but have yet to see any specs on them or hear what application they'll work best with.

I poked around R&R's website, but it really leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks for any help,

Steve

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Heads

We are going to do a set of heads now to go on top of those cams, as this should prove to be very interesting indeed.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
MaineUltraClassic said:
Not really, just keep hearing this cam get thrown around but have never seen any good info or results for it.

Is the 525 considered a bolt-in?

Steve
C'mon, don't lie. We can see right through it.... :laugh:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Being that the cam was just relased and the testing on 88 and 95 was done at R&R , and I know you have been there give them a call. We have it in several 98 and 107 now but waiting for dyno results.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
MaineUltraClassic said:
I keep hearing about these new cams, but have yet to see any specs on them or hear what application they'll work best with.

Thanks for any help,

Steve
Just talked to R&R, they will be launching their new site in a few weeks, go to www.rrcycles.com click on new from R&R button to see a sample of what's new and comming. Many facets will be interactive. 525 cam spec's and dyno results will be there next week.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PR3VS56 said:
C'mon, don't lie. We can see right through it.... :laugh:
LOL............am I that transparent?

Actually, a friend of mine is thinking about doing some motor work this winter and he's looking for a good bolt-in cam. He's talked about the Woods TW-6G, and asked me if I had heard about this R&R 525 cam since another guy had mentioned it to him. So I wanted to see if there was any info or reviews of them online when compared to other cams............how they perform, where the powerband kicks in.....all the good stuff.

Steve

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this R&R 525 made more for the 96" or 103" motor, and not for the 88" and 95"?

Steve

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes

It has been developed for the 96 and 103 and from what I've read the cams won't fit a stock cam plate, you have to buy the R&R cam plate.

Your bike should have dzus buttons on the cam chest by now. :laugh:

·
IronButt
386 Posts
MaineUltraClassic said:

Thanks for any help,

Steve
I dig mine a lot and so far they are well worth the money spent on the set-up for my 07 RK. I'm having a set of heads worked, but I don't have any info on paper yet. Once I have my heads I will have my bike on a Dyno and I will post the results, but to be honest this will be a few weeks

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bubba Neil said:
Your bike should have dzus buttons on the cam chest by now. :laugh:
What are "dzus" buttons?

I've only changed my cams once.............it's exhausts that I'm up to 9.

Steve

·
Registered
953 Posts
Ha.... quick release fasteners.....
Only once.... I thought you started with Andrews... then HQ... then Woods..... my mistake.... :laugh:

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bubba Neil said:
Ha.... quick release fasteners.....
Only once.... I thought you started with Andrews... then HQ... then Woods..... my mistake.... :laugh:
LOL............nope. Started with Andrews and now have HQ.

I thought that's what that meant, but wanted to make sure.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
MaineUltraClassic said:
Is this R&R 525 made more for the 96" or 103" motor, and not for the 88" and 95"?

Steve
It's made to work for either, the rate of change and the intensity (under .053") are slightly different than the 37's and the 615's so on the 4" stroke engines you can run a slightly higher compression (10.1 to 10.5 to 1) and on the strokers run 10.0 to 10.2 to 1 with little or no head work. With the R&R heads that we use we have run 10.5 to 10.6 on the 07's with better numbers and faster revving with no problems but add compression releases in case of a low battery.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do these cams only work with the R&R camplate?

Or are they a regular cam that will work with all the normal gears, bearings, and stock camplate?

Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts