V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed the sprocket to 30 tooth and installed SE 6-speed. So if the speedo shows 220km/hr in the 6-th speed, am I travelling faster than 220 or not? And what is ther speed?

Cheers,
Nenad

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I may be wrong about this (I'm not at home to check)but I believe the speedo signal is picked up at the tranny output shaft. So your reading should be correct. Wait a minuet, which sprocket did you change. Comp sprocket or belt sprocket. If you are talking drive belt drive sprocket, you did change but there is a way for the dealer to re-cal the speedo.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Move to Texas and the friendly police with accurate radar will soon let you know :)

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
csoday said:
I may be wrong about this (I'm not at home to check)but I believe the speedo signal is picked up at the tranny output shaft. So your reading should be correct. Wait a minuet, which sprocket did you change. Comp sprocket or belt sprocket. If you are talking drive belt drive sprocket, you did change but there is a way for the dealer to re-cal the speedo.
Sorry, 30 tooth transmission pulley! I thought that by changing the pulley the bike will actually go a bit slower than the speedo shows (about 4 miles if I remember some of Doc's posts).

But then again someone told me that with the installed overdrive it should be more now :unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts