V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to know if any one has the HD quick dissconnect sissybar setup on their bike? If so, what do you think of it? I like the idea of being able to take it on and off if my wife isn't riding with me. I will be putting it on a 2003 Fat Boy. Thanks for any opinions.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have one on my road king, use it mostly to connect the T Bag to, when traveling. Seemed a little pricey, but works great.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have TWO for my Fatboy. One with a high rise backrest for my wife, and the second one a low rise for looks and unscheduled riders.

If you are going to have anyone riding on your bike with you, make sure you get a better seat than the stock seat.

I purchased the Deep Bucket Fatboy seat and I love it, and my wife digs it as well...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am putting a detachable setup on my Train, was warned by the mechanic just last night that I should also invest in the locking system, as these are prone to getting stolen.

true?
or just a sales pitch?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have the quick disconnect sissy bar and the leather tour pack that is also quick disconnect on my 2001 Heritage. Love both, ride with sissy bar when alone, but wife needed better back support therefore the tour pack, plus very nice on trips. With quick disconnects I can switch them back and forth. Work great. I don't have locks, but then I don't leave the bike overnight anywhere its not secure.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have a quick disconnect on my 02 FB, it's great.
It is low rise with the slip over backrest.
I leave it on all the time without the back rest pad.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Quick connect on RKC '03 with Sundowner seat...great. . .also have quick connect luggage rack. It's great too but haven't used it yet?

·
Registered
19 Posts
This time around I opted for Bubba's detachable sideplates (read a post about them on this site). I also have the detach kit for the bags. Nice clean look but I don't believe there's a locking kit available for them. Sorry if this seems like spam, just letting you know there are other choices available.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put one on my train and its great. I use the backrest for the wife and If I run with the T-bags. I also inverted the strut bolts and put acorn type nuts on them for bungie tie downs. The only thing I didn't care for was the cheesy tail light relocation kit. The chrome tubes that you have to feed the 2 wires thru is a piece of crap and prone to snap off at the threads, be careful. I also put the luggage rack on with the sissy bar. When I ride solo around town it stays in the garage. The locking kit is a good idea along with a helmet lock.

·
Registered
36 Posts
have a photo of this?

9x23FXSTBI said:
I put one on my train and its great. I use the backrest for the wife and If I run with the T-bags. I also inverted the strut bolts and put acorn type nuts on them for bungie tie downs. The only thing I didn't care for was the cheesy tail light relocation kit. The chrome tubes that you have to feed the 2 wires thru is a piece of crap and prone to snap off at the threads, be careful. I also put the luggage rack on with the sissy bar. When I ride solo around town it stays in the garage. The locking kit is a good idea along with a helmet lock.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the detachable too. Its easy to use and convenient. Just don't leave it parked anywhere outta site. Someone else will be enjoying it more.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have the detachable backrest as well. I personally like the cleaner look of a bike w/o a back rest, but it sure does come in handy on occasion which makes those sideplates such a great idea. I did notice though, that the detachable side plates from HD are more vertical than the original (at least the one for the FXDWG) which I don't really like.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts