V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay...I've withdrawn the wimps only windshield... purged the pillion... and bagged the backrest for a little run on my own.... There is no longer any sign that I am anything but a big bad loner mo fo.... except for those damned passenger floorboards.

I just can't spend 20 minutes unbolting those things everytime I want to go out for a putt... so they come along in all their tilt-up glory... kind of spoils the party if you know what I mean.

Does anyone make a piece of quickly removeable hardware that the stock bracket will mount to?

If not how many would be interested in a little item like this???

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Know watcha mean.

8-Ball, I know where you are coming from, Planning to do something to my RK C lassic also. How about the small pegs from a Dyna or similar that flip up? Just a thought. TH P.S. Nice clean scoot!:beer4u:

·
Registered
48 Posts
20 minutes........how can removing two (2) bolts (allens) take that long ?
I have been ridin' w/o mine for a long time......I know what ya mean about the looks.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
...allen socket (I don't remember what size) and an extention.

Suckers come off real easy and real fast.

I ride alone 99% of the time, but i still have my chrome passanger floorboards attached all the time. It reflects the light from the cars trying to sideswipe me. I consider them a built-in safety feature. :D

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
If you use the BALL ALLEN socket with a long extension will take you 2 minute no problem. I have been know to take them off a lot.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I've thought about ways to hide those things too. I just sent mine off to get powder coated black. Maybe on a black bike they'll go away enough. I don't really want to take them off, never know when you have to help some helpless chick....ooppsss...wait, my wife might read this.....#@SasF#....never mind that last part:wacko:

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Well since the wife got the Deluxe last year I've really slicked the Ultra down. I just pulled the passenger footboard assy's and installed the new chrome footpeg mounts from HD that come stock on the Streetglide. Plus I added the HD chrome billet footpegs.

I love it. Looks a ton better.

Removal is easy when taking a long trip. Just remove the one hex bolt on each bracket and reinstall the footboard assy.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Just take them off and get the OL here own bike.:whistle:
Or, tell her she just has to wrap her legs around you to go for a ride!:thumbsup:
While you are at it, take off those saddlebags and get some chrome rear shocks. Really cleans it up.:boxin:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tractorhunter said:
8-Ball, I know where you are coming from, Planning to do something to my RK C lassic also. How about the small pegs from a Dyna or similar that flip up? Just a thought. TH P.S. Nice clean scoot!:beer4u:

Naw... the wife needs a comfortable foot platform when she comes along.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Willie D said:
20 minutes........how can removing two (2) bolts (allens) take that long ?
I have been ridin' w/o mine for a long time......I know what ya mean about the looks.

When the buds stop by unannounced... 2 minutes is too long.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LittleBear said:
Just take them off and get the OL here own bike.
She does not... repeat does not want to drive!!!

Or, tell her she just has to wrap her legs around you to go for a ride!
yeah... but sitting on the tank... facing me... oh baby.

While you are at it, take off those saddlebags and get some chrome rear shocks. Really cleans it up.
Too much crap to take... love the bags. I have to agree tho', great look.

I did try last night with a universal on the allen socket and it did come off real easy. I was taking the floorboard off the bracket before... then removing the bracket... that only took a few minutes.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.... but I still want quick detach if you ever run across them!!!!!

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
timbo said:
Well since the wife got the Deluxe last year I've really slicked the Ultra down. I just pulled the passenger footboard assy's and installed the new chrome footpeg mounts from HD that come stock on the Streetglide. Plus I added the HD chrome billet footpegs.

I love it. Looks a ton better.

Removal is easy when taking a long trip. Just remove the one hex bolt on each bracket and reinstall the footboard assy.

hey guys, not to steal a thread, but if you have the passenger pegs do your olds ladys like them. Mine hated them and whined til she got her floorboards back. just wondering, let me know..thanks

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
TXCHOP said:
hey guys, not to steal a thread, but if you have the passenger pegs do your olds ladys like them. Mine hated them and whined til she got her floorboards back. just wondering, let me know..thanks
Don't know what her opinion will be of the pegs and it really doesn't matter since she has her own bike now. I guess the pegs are more of a comfort to have that if someone breaks down that I ride with. At least I can give them a lift to somewhere. Just hope it's a chick and not a dude.

Anyhoo, I do know she absolutely HATES the HD Badlander seat I've got on the Ultra! She tried riding on the back of that thing once. But now she only rides behind me on those 10 day 4500 mi trips when I've got the tourpack on and the freakin stock couch seat. And I wouldn't dare have all that hooked back up without also putting the floorboards back on. I can just hear it now. Other than long trips though, she's on her Deluxe.
Life is good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts