V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of the HD lowering shocks as a gift. The only problem is they are for a 01 and I have a 02 rkc. Of course the dealer that they were purchased from is 300 miles away. My question is what changed on 02 rear shocks and will the 01 shocks fit?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I asked a friend who does a lot of his own work and he says there should be no problem.... I'm not that "savvy" on the mechanics, so I'm just passing that along. I'm sure somebody here will know first hand though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with a parts guy and he said the difference in kits is the addition of the pump with the 02 kit and otherwise they are identical. I am afraid to open the box and compare them to the stock ones because I might try to exchange them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lowering shocks will give a very rough ride. You're better off with someone's lowering kit. I have a Ness kit for my '03. It works great!! It got me 1" with a stock ride......

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I also went with a lowering kit, White Bros, About 100 bucks compared to the slap in the face for a new set of shocks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the HD lowered rear air shocks on my SE Road King and they ride great. I can't tell the difference between them and the stock shocks.

shooter

·
Registered
19 Posts
i CAN TELL YOU, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE FROM THE STOCK SHOCK AND HARLEY LOW PROFILE SHOCK. The low profile shock gives you a rougher ride, regardless of what the catalog says. Ask my other half, she made me take em off. There truley is a difference. And the 1 inch on a bagger doesn't really show. It;s not worth the bucks.
Anyone wanna buy a set? 150.00

·
Registered
103 Posts
truckman said:
Take them back if you can and order a TJ's rear lowering kit ( 1 inch not 1.5 inches). easy to install.
Hi all
I've read on other forums that some (trusted) mechanics have seen cracked swingarms caused by lowering kits. Something to be aware of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts