V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here so go easy.

Re-doing the top end of my '01 FLHR with HTCC heads and HTCC +.010 pistons. I currently have the 95" kit so just getting the jugs bored to fit the pistons. Had the SE211 cams installed before so they will be staying.

First question is carburetor size. I have been running the Minkuni 42mm - is it big enough or move to the CV 44mm?

Second question is head gasket. Can I use the Cometic .030 gaskets without any clearance issues?

Thanks,
DEVILDOG

·
Registered
755 Posts
DEVILDOG said:
First question is carburetor size. I have been running the Minkuni 42mm - is it big enough or move to the CV 44mm?
The Mik 42 is a great carb for a 95" build. You would be wasting $$$ going to any 44mm carb at that displacement.

DEVILDOG said:
Second question is head gasket. Can I use the Cometic .030 gaskets without any clearance issues?
SED has already answered this one.

Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Devildog, not an expert but do currently have the HTCC CNC heads. According to an engine builder who has much experience with HTCC builds, quench (squish) is critical when setting these up. What CR are you looking for? When using the SE gasket CR should be about 10.5:1

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I dynoed with the HRS42 and HRS45 saw minimal difference in hp or tq. I got rid of my 211 cam as well and went with the Woods TW-5G and it produced more low end torque.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope that compression will be about 10.5:1 with stock gaskets and maybe a bit more 10.70:1(best guess) with the .030 head gaskets. I mic'ed the used SE head gaskets and they were about .057's.

I had a feeling that the SE211's were not the best cam for this set-up. Since it's a bagger I probably would be better with the TW-5's.

Thanks for the help {salute(

DEVILDOG

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just introduced myself into the forum - I guess I was too wrapped-up with the build.

Yes, already have the HTCC heads, pistons, and intake. A friend was getting rid of his bike and make me a killer deal on that stuff he never bolted on. I guess the next challenge with cam choice is the exhaust I want to use - true duals with straight fishtail drags and thunder baffels. I know that this system will kill everything thing I am doing to help with the low-end torque but I gotta have fishtails. I am probably just fuc$ing myself with the duals and drag pipes. I guess I will look and see what 2-1 systems look good.

Thanks for the help.

DEVILDOG {salute(

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
DEVILDOG said:
I am probably just fuc$ing myself with the duals and drag pipes. I guess I will look and see what 2-1 systems look good.

Thanks for the help.

DEVILDOG {salute(
You could always get the best of both worlds by faking the left side.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The tw5 will really boost the low end power and take advantage of the 10.5 compression. I do have have HTCC pistons for the 98 kits that are ready to go. This will all you to go to 98 inchs and use your current heads. Giving you the 10.5 and 98 inch, common guys who wouldnt want THREE EXTRA INCHES!!!:hystria: :wootdnc:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts