V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rec'd my new pipes today. Have to assemble engine before mounting pipes.

Question regards mounting bolts and hardware. I would like to know what hardware shows after mounting. Kit came with 6 cadium bolts, 4 washers, nylock nuts and mounting bracket.

Question is, what shows after mounting?? Had stock bracket chromed, along with bolts, and purchased chrome starter. Concern is what bolts or brackets will show. Won't know until I bolt up. Thought someone might help and save me a few days or week until I can assemble. Want to chrome all that shows.

Thanks in advance.

Dan.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
You do see the bracket that mounts on the starter as well as the bolt/nut that attaches the header to it. You see most of the hose clamp screws and some of the straps. The P clamp bolt shows under the right pipe.

If you want to get picky, you see the pipe peaking out of the shield in the downward tube just in front of the left side cover.

I am painting my headers with ceramic black paint, and parkerizing (black) the torca clamps, pipe clamps and the starter bracket bolts. That should make the chrome components pop. Sometimes less chrome is actually more.

One of the reasons for the black on the headers is to get rid of the amber colored reflection on the cam chest cover chrome.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
hey 8-ball how close do yours come to the floorboard. I have put a couple sets on and 1 or 2 needed floorboard spacers.

"One of the reasons for the black on the headers is to get rid of the amber colored reflection on the cam chest cover chrome." quote from 8 ball

I am glad to hear that bothers someone else and i am not crazy......well maybe a little anyway..

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
TXCHOP said:
hey 8-ball how close do yours come to the floorboard. I have put a couple sets on and 1 or 2 needed floorboard spacers.

"One of the reasons for the black on the headers is to get rid of the amber colored reflection on the cam chest cover chrome." quote from 8 ball

I am glad to hear that bothers someone else and i am not crazy......well maybe a little anyway..
I know I am crazy... the whole OCD thing is a curse. The shop put them on, but when I went to replace the front floorboard bolts, there was a 1/2" spacer on the right... I didn't know if that was stock or added for the headers.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Sometimes I come here just so I can feel normal... :D
Thats obviously impossible !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Before you chrome your bracket that mounts to your starter make sure you have the new bracket, if it uses the tab welded to the left pipe is has been updated with a new one that does not use the tab because of pipe cracking issues. All you have to do is call and they will send you a new one no need for proof of purchase, mine is in the mail so have not seen it yet.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
roadrunnerldw1 said:
Before you chrome your bracket that mounts to your starter make sure you have the new bracket, if it uses the tab welded to the left pipe is has been updated with a new one that does not use the tab because of pipe cracking issues. All you have to do is call and they will send you a new one no need for proof of purchase, mine is in the mail so have not seen it yet.

Got mine yesterday.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
roadrunnerldw1 said:
Yeah a buddy of mine has a set and the new bracket is much better then the old. The new bracket is similar to the V&H duals bracket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts