V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:huh: My 1985 FXRS has been lowered a couple inches, Where can I find a kickstand for it. It sits too upright now. Also, Under the cover on the right hand side (Ignition module) there are 2 studs that look like they should be doing something. Nothing there on mine. What are they for? Thanks Th

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
tractorhunter said:
:huh: My 1985 FXRS has been lowered a couple inches, Where can I find a kickstand for it. It sits too upright now. Also, Under the cover on the right hand side (Ignition module) there are 2 studs that look like they should be doing something. Nothing there on mine. What are they for? Thanks Th
You should be able to find a kickstand for a lowered bike in any of the catalogs - I think I've seen them in J&P.

Not sure what to tell you on the mysterious studs under the cover... WHOA! That sounded like the start of a thread that belongs on EAYOR! Sorry! ;)

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
on my 90 those 2 mounting studs you speak of are for a rear master cylinder as mine is mounted on the backside with 2 acorn nuts showing out.

the kickstands are available anywhere just about.

·
Premium FNG :)
81 Posts
My kickstand is an Arlen Ness one (pretty sure). It bolts to the the two bolts for the swingarm shaft. It's adjustable for a range of height.

View attachment 29880

·
Registered
88 Posts
got mine from e aby 50 bucks, as u can see from picture attachs to swingarm mount, having lowered my fxr front and rear it would topple over with standard side stand, but this one works excellent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts