V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a new member here ,and i just put down a deposit on a 2002 heritage softtail classic, it has the special flame paint. i would just like some input on this bike thanks.
wylewho!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
wylewho said:
Im a new member here ,and i just put down a deposit on a 2002 heritage softtail classic, it has the special flame paint. i would just like some input on this bike thanks.
wylewho!

One thing I know about it is that you put a deposit on one. May I ask why ya did that? If the answer is because that is what you wanted, then why the questions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the deposit on it cause some other people wanted to buy it,and the only harley iv owned was a 1200 sportster. and the dealer told me that they only made 200 bikes with that color (flame) so what im asking is is this bike better than a fat boy? cause thats what i went looking fore in the first place. but the dealer changed my mind.(i think) well any ways thanks for your input! (i really dont know much about harleys)
wylewho!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
wylewho said:
I put the deposit on it cause some other people wanted to buy it,and the only harley iv owned was a 1200 sportster. and the dealer told me that they only made 200 bikes with that color (flame) so what im asking is is this bike better than a fat boy? cause thats what i went looking fore in the first place. but the dealer changed my mind.(i think) well any ways thanks for your input! (i really dont know much about harleys)
wylewho!
"better than a Fat Boy?" No. Is a Fat Boy better than a Heritage? NO

Nothing personal my friend but what is it YOU want? Trust me, I am not picking on ya, but you NEED to decide what the hell you are doing and why you are doing it.

I have a question now.

Why do you want a Harley? Let's start there.

Peace!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Heritage

wylewho,

I just picked up an '02 Heritage less than 2 weeks ago. While I can't give you any comparison with a Sportster, I can tell you a bit about it.

Heritage is virtually the same as a Fatboy, just with accessories. Same frame, same motor, virtually same seat height, same controls. The Heritage comes with saddlebags, windshield, passing lamps, and backrest. Stripped down, the primary difference is that the Fatboy has solid disk wheels while the Heritage has spoked wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Hey, wylewho, welcome aboard!

JimmyK can sound a bit grouchy now and then, but he's a knowledgeable biker. And he's legitimately trying to get you to focus on why you've picked the H/D line and why you chose a particular bike.

Timing is very important when you ride a bike. The timing of asking questions about your bike choice AFTER you've put a deposit on that bike model is out of whack. You will find out some interesting stuff about the model but it's better to ask the questions BEFORE you make the deposit.

For a blow by blow comparison of the two bike models, go to the official H/D WEB site (www.harley-davidson.com). The choice of a bike is a very personal matter.

Would I buy a Heritage? No. But my opinion doesn't matter. It's what YOU think about the bike, the look, the ride, and whether it meets your needs.

Look forward to seeing ya' post again.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
pasadenajim said:
Hey, wylewho, welcome aboard!

JimmyK can sound a bit grouchy now and then, but he's a knowledgeable biker. And he's legitimately trying to get you to focus on why you've picked the H/D line and why you chose a particular bike.

Ok ok, I did pretty bad in Social Science too, BUT I HAD AN EXCUSE!!!!

I went to school in the late 60's if ya know what I mean? :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys,
i guess ill be the proud owner of a heritage today (cause i like the flame paint job it has) and it is just about the same as a fat boy have a good day.
wylewho!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts