V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, fairly new to bikes (only 1 year riding) and had some newbie questions.

I'm trying to get a build list going for my bike and stockpile the parts this winter for a spring makeover. i went to my local dealer and got some of the questions answered already, but the second time I went i got a guy who wasn't as knowledgeable and left me scratching my head on some stuff.
I am looking to partially black out the bike, an 07 Street Bob. It's the Olive Green color that was available 07-08. Hoping some other Street Bob owners can lend their two cents, looks like there are a decent amount of blacked out Bob's here. Here are the questions and some of the items I plan on putting on there, all opinions are welcome.

-For the exhaust, I'm looking at the SC black exhaust shields, and the SC slash down shorty Mufflers. Told no remapping for this.
As an alternative, there was the Vance & Hines Black short shots. I was told with these I would need a remap or fuel pak, which brings the price right up to what the SC stuff would cost.
-They were unable to find anyone who made black fender strut covers, suggested I just take the covers off and expose the frame piece (it should be black already if I am right).
-Unable to find a Air cleaner cover for that year that isn't chrome.
-Satin Black Mini apes
-Brown distressed bags
-brown distressed seat
-Gloss Black fork sliders

any opinions on whether having gloss black sliders and satin black apes is going to look good? It's been very hard trying to find pictures of my color of bike on the web.

Thanks in advance to anybody who wants to respond.

Attachments

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you remove the strut covers the frame under them is gloss black. If I remember correctly, the MOCO did away with the covers in 08 and left the frame exposed. IMO it's kind of rough looking. You can also scuff up your covers and paint them gloss or wrinkle black.
I had my lowers powder coated but I know a couple of people who used epoxy spray paint and painted them right on the bike. You have to be careful prepping and masking but it can be done for very little money and the epoxy paint will hold up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts