V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 wg and need a set of bags. I like the look of those slant style bags, from the pictures I've seen on the website and in the catalogue, but I really don't know what the measurements are or how the fit, my dealer doesn't have any in stock to look at. anyone got a set with a picture they've posted so I could take a look. Did you have to move the rear turn signal to the back hole on the fender strut, and are they big enough to be of any real use?

·
Registered
103 Posts
kurt35 said:
I have an '05 wg and need a set of bags. I like the look of those slant style bags, from the pictures I've seen on the website and in the catalogue, but I really don't know what the measurements are or how the fit, my dealer doesn't have any in stock to look at. anyone got a set with a picture they've posted so I could take a look. Did you have to move the rear turn signal to the back hole on the fender strut, and are they big enough to be of any real use?
Sorry I can't help you with pix, but I will tell you that "yes" you will have to move your turn signals to the last hole on the fender strut. You have to purchase a taillight relocation kit $45.00 I think. I know because I purchased the leather saddle bags for the wide glide, part # 79300-06. Haven't mounted them yet, but will come Spring.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Slant Bags

I bought a new pair of the slant style leather bags for half the price ($300) on Ebay. Yes, you do need to relocate the signals to the rear. The bags I bought came with the relocation kit, but found this out when it arrived, AFTER I had allready bought the relocation kit from the dealer. The bags I bought are for my '04 WG, and YES they are very usefull. In my opinion, they fit the bike perfectly, proportionally. They are very functional, in that I can stuff an entire (dirty) uniform, hand-held radio, lunch, and some gloves, glasses, etc. in them. They solidly attach to the fender strut with two bolts, thanks to an internal/external ridgid frame. It's a little bit of work to bolt/unbolt them (cause my hands don't fit well between the tire and fender) when its wash time, but I have it down to less than 10 minutes. I never ride without them anymore. I will try to post some pics tonight, but can't promise that I'll figure out how...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slant bags #91010-91a

a pic would be great patinaz. I wanted to make sure they were big enough to be in proportion with the bike, but not too bulky. So you just have them mounted to your strut and that seems fine, you didn't put the fender yoke on, did you put those supports on that are supposed to go on with them, or do they keep out of the rotor and pulley on there own fine being bolted to the strut. If you want to e-mail me a pic it would be much appreciated, [email protected] thanks.

·
Goin' Fast with Class
372 Posts
I had the quick detach slant latigo bags on my 93 FXDWG. You had to run the special brackets, which the bags backing plate slid into. They harness ran under the seat.

They were a bit small but bigger than my hard bags on my Deluxe and you could take them into the hotel room with you when you were travelling. I liked them and the rigid frame held the shape plus they were heavy duty as all hell.

hope this helps-

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I didn't mount any funky yoke mounts or anything like that. Like I said before, they bolted to the existing fender strut holes. There are three on each side, and the rear signals needed to be relocated to the very back holes. They bags clear both the pully and disc solidly because the support is part of the back of the bag. Hard to explain, but hopefully pics will help. I tried taking pics the other night, but with the poor lighting in my garage, they didn't turn out. So I will try again as soon as I can. I researched, and surfed, and looked, and asked, and speculated on putting bags on my FXDWG, so when I finally sprang for the ones I have, I was very happy with them. Stand by for pics...

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Started to look through the HD catalog and realized that we might be talking bout different bags. The ones I have are PN# 90307-98, and I believe you might be talking bout PN# 91010-91A. My bad. But I did get might 1/2 price off of Ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts