V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about Amsoil Oil Filters. I bought several of the Amsoil Oil Filters because I do some service work for others. Anyway I noticed that the Black filters and the Chrome Filters of the same part number are made differently. I know that Amsoil filters are supposed to be good filters but it seemed strange that they are made different. Are they made by different companies? Has anyone noticed this other than me?:dunno:

Starbound

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Post in the lubrication forum and ask George.

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just posted it in the lubrication forum, just thought more people might see it on this forum. Sorry!

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
No prob, it would probably have been moved by the administrators anyhow. George will get back to your question as soon as he reads it. He's a good guy.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
The best way to find out is cut one open. It is really good to cut a K&N, Amsoil, and HD Sock filter apart to see the differences. K&N comes in first for the amount of media inside the filter. They are far superior to any others I have seen split open. Amsoil comes in second with with about 25% less media than the K&N, but still a good filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts