V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 road king W/stage 1, "Wild Things" TG-1 cams, and Vance & Hines True Duals W/ SE slip ons. You designed me a map a long time ago which I had to doctor up a little from the 200 - 250 rpm range 'cause of a dead spot. Since installing the cams, I think that map is no good anymore. Now, at 350 rpms/75 - 80 mph, my plugs foul. Would you be so kind as to design another map for me?. Here's my E-Mail address if needed: [email protected] Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You posted on another forum that you had sorted this out:
Here's a map I tweaked a little. I've got a '99 R.K. classic with V.& H. true duals, stg. 1, Wild things TG 1 cams. I had a problem with mid-range back fire, and a dead spot at 2500 rpm's. This solved it.

So your new issue is at 3500 RPM? It would help if you posted the actual map file you are currently using.

When plugs "foul" it means that they stop firing. Many people say "fouled" when they just mean black or sooty. Which is the case with you?At 3500 RPM does your bike missfire and stop running?

I cannot find a reference to Wild Things TG-1. What are the specs?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
06 FLHT-I Map

Hey there I have a 805/511 it was premapped by Fuel Moto and the bike seems to run fine but a "little flat" if that makes sense (plugs are black at the base of the threads and the "arm" is grey). I have a 95" big bore, 203 cams, modified stock air box with K&N filter and 103 Touring mufflers on it.

Can you tell me or suggest a map for this configuration? thanks, CSM-H

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there I have a 805/511 it was premapped by Fuel Moto and the bike seems to run fine but a "little flat" if that makes sense (plugs are black at the base of the threads and the "arm" is grey). I have a 95" big bore, 203 cams, modified stock air box with K&N filter and 103 Touring mufflers on it.

Can you tell me or suggest a map for this configuration? thanks, CSM-H
Please start a new thread for a new map request. Include a copy of your current map as well as any other mods done to the bike.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Engine Mfgr, Cam Bolt in ?, In, Open, In, Close Exh., Open Exh., Close, In, Duration Exh., Duration, Overlap, In, Lobe, Center Exh., Lobe, Center LSA, In Lift Exh., Lift, In Lift, TDC Exh., Lift, TDC,. TC Kuryakn Wild Thing TC-1G 0 15 41 40 8 236 228 23 103 106 104.5 0.51 0.498 0.158 0.121
Here's the specs on the cam. I have no way of sending you the Map I'm running. I don't have a scanner

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't need a scanner. You need to open the PCIII software and connect it to the bike. Then click "get map" (bike needs to be running). After that click "save map" and post the file on the forum.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Maps you requested

Here's the Map you made for me, before I installed the new cams, the other is yours that I tweaked a little. The Map I tweaked runs good except at 250 -300 rpm when I'm rolling on the wick there's a little hesitation, and at 75 - 80 mph my plugs foul. Thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had asked you a question in my first reply regarding your "fouling" comment. Could you please read it again and answer it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had asked you a question in my first reply regarding your "fouling" comment. Could you please read it again and answer it?
Yea, they quit firing. For instance, at 75 - 80 when they foul, I need to keep on the throttle 'cause when I let off it sounds like one jug is firing, when I pour more fuel they both kick in. And yes, when they're removed their covered in black soot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
2007 Harley Davidson FLHX

Year 2007
96" Stock
B&E recore stock Pipes ( 1.75 baffles )
I also have a set of stock pipe I can use
Fullsac tureduel pipe
Air Cleaner HD SE
Power commander PCIII USB with O2 elimnators

This bike runs very hot 265-280degs

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
11 Posts
2004 FLHT with the SE 103" kit
SE 253 cams
Tru Dual headers with V&H Ovals
Stock ECM
PCIII
no current PC map installed.
I just got the PCIII and looking for the map before I install the PCIII

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
2004 FLHT with the SE 103" kit
SE 253 cams
Tru Dual headers with V&H Ovals
Stock ECM
PCIII
no current PC map installed.
I just got the PCIII and looking for the map before I install the PCIII
You should start a new thread of your own to get a map from dynojet

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Need help with base map
09 fat bob
Gutted out cat and drilled out plugs in stock exhaust system.
Install V&H air cleaner
Installed power commander V
Current map seems too fat and bike has gotten quiet since adding the power commander,lol
Please point me in right direction
James

·
Registered
5 Posts
Need a map
2012 Street Glide
103 Cubic Inch
Screaming Eagle High Flow Air Cleaner
Vance and Hines Big Shot Duals
Power Commander V
Running a Fuel Moto Map and has quite a bit of develop pop

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the map you are running is working good other than decel popping, i would recommend starting a new thread and attache your current map so we can look at it and make the needed adjustments for decel popping.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Need map please.
2006 Ultra classic
95" BB
SE 1550 Flatop Pistons
Andrews 26A Cam
Stock Pushrods
S&S Lifters
SE Billet Hydraulic Upgrade Camplate and HI Flo oil pump
SE Air filter