V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Bought an 02 flstc bout a year ago. went through the same decision process. RK or Heritage. I opted for the Heritage (carb). seat height is a little lower(I'm 5'6") and passengers sit up higher. when my wife rides with me she looks over my head instead of at the back of it. If the majority of my riding was traveling (8 or 9 hour days every day) I would skip the RK and Heritage and opt for the Roadglide.This will be my next bike. But I'm keep'n my 00 fxd and 02 heritage 4 ever. which ever one you buy CHANGE THE FRIGGEN SEAT!

· Registered
132 Posts
Terry, are you happy with the mustang seat? I just put the same seat on mine and seems like I'm sitt'n on it instead of in it. It's broke in a little but still seem to sit bout an inch higher. does seem to put you in more of a touring position for the long hauls.

· Registered
132 Posts
Terry, I'm getting used to it. better than stock of course and the backrest is great. I have a corbin classic solo on my fxd and really like it. the mustang does put you in more of a touring position with it's height and being a little closer(seating wise toward tank). I had cut my windshield down when stock seat was being used around 1.5 inches below eyelevel. now it's about 2.5 inches below. the major wind deflection is still over my head so no problem. corbin makes a damn good seat but never order from them. the mustang is settling in better. probably more of a getting used to it than anything. If you want the seat sooner, get your money back from HD and give jpcycles a call. almost everything's in stock and about 4 days on your doorstep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.