V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silver Bullet - I have Deweys Gilamonster heads with SE257, 10.3 compression, and Im wondering how to modify the SEII slip-ons for this build (afriends bike). I started by drilling out the holes 1/16". When the tuner dynod the bike, he ended up opening the flap all the way, making 107HP and 100TQ. TQ seems low, so Im thinking that its because the flap is opened up. Should I drill the holes out another 1/16" and go from there (after closing the flap)??

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Careful, there! You shouldn't be making 7 HP more over the TQ line with that cam and 10.3 on a 95. You already have too much flow and you should definitely close up the flaps and adjust ON THE DYNO. I wouldn't be drilling another thing until you get the flaps right and the TQ up a little. Baffle tuning needs to be done while you are tuning everything else also.

With all due respect to Silver Bullet, this is just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
780 Posts
GROCK is right ! Close the ramp,and do some tuning. You should be around 108 +hp. and 108+ TQ. There are several people on this board,making 111 hp. and 109 tq. with the Andrews 67g cams {same as the 257 } and cycle shack pipes. DOC made 109 hp. and 108 tq. SAE ,with the S.E. 257 cams,and S.E. slip-ons. Ask GROCK WHAT HE MADE ?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks. With the flap closed and the holes drilled without any tuning it was 90HP 100TQ. Should I go back to the dyno like this or drill more, etc. before returning?

Should the tuner be bending the flap to tune or adjust hole size??

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the HP Inc 51mm.

I meant to say that initially before the tune, it was 90 hp and 100 tq, with the baffles drilled and the flap closed. After the tune, flap was opened all the way, and it made 107 HP 100 Tq.....

What should I do next, besides close the flaps??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts