V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following your stretch tank install for a while now. (You did a wonderful job by the way!!) Mainly because I am in the process of installing one on my XLC.

I am getting to the point where I am ready to do a test fit on my bike. I am wondering if you were able to use your stock petcock. Your pictures show some tight clearances and I would like to know if you had to do anything special to get it to fit.

·
Registered
875 Posts
hell, no I wanted to but it wouldnt fit. Even the one I used (left hand barb) is a real tight fit, I will try to post a clearer pic later and maybe the part number , If I had to do it over I would have cut the petcock hole out and move it forward about three to five inches.

·
Registered
875 Posts
still a tight fit, cant find the part number right now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The replacement petcock doesn't look as if it is vacuum operated. What did you do with the original vacuum line? (pulled it and capped it off I assume.)

·
Registered
875 Posts
correct no vacum, one day I forgot to turn the petcock off, about 10 minutes later a stream of gas was pouring out the carb overflow tube onto the ground. This is a S&S Carb, I wonder if I had the orinal carb would that have happened or maybe worse the gas would have been overflowing into the engine. This is why I wanted to keep the vacum petcock.

The vacum line (original) goes from the intake manifold to the voes switch, with a t in the middle that runs to the oem petcock. Just remove it all and reun a single line from the manifold to the voes...............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts