V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the chance to buy a mildly used Woods TW-6g cam and would appreciate your thoughts on using this cam with my build. I just want to do a cam swap without changing the heads or compression.

My current build is below.

Would I see any appreciable power/torque increase from this cam over the 26g?

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Cam Swap

kdietz said:
I've got the chance to buy a mildly used Woods TW-6g cam and would appreciate your thoughts on using this cam with my build. I just want to do a cam swap without changing the heads or compression.

My current build is below.

Would I see any appreciable power/torque increase from this cam over the 26g?
You would want to kick the compression up a bit, in order get the combination working correctly, say 10:1.
Scott

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changing to a .030 gasket will give me approx. 9.7cr....guess I would really need to have the heads shaved a little?

They are at 84 cc's

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Heads

kdietz said:
Changing to a .030 gasket will give me approx. 9.7cr....guess I would really need to have the heads shaved a little?

They are at 84 cc's
A little cut will do it.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HDWRENCH said:
You do not have a head gasket listed, do you know what your cc value is for the chamber is?
Steve, I've got a .040 gasket....the cylinder head volume is 84cc's

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
without the compression change you will see very little difference from the 26 to the wood 6. With the comp around 10 to 1 or so you will gain some nice bite, especially with the way you have her geared and set up with the head work and valve sizes. Nice for a big bike with a load on her.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I agree with Grock , unless you increase the compression the gains you may get will be on a sheet of dyno paper but i would think you are not going to feel the gains. now boot the compression up and add the woods 6 cam and you will be able to feel the new power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts