V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen you reference a 85" build for evo's.What all does this take to do?I have my first Harley,a 1987 FXRC and am in the process of putting a cv carb on it with a k&n filter.I would like to build the engine a little when next winter hits.From what I understand the stock clutch won't hold up to many extra horses.What would the best option be for that?I've been looking at cycle shack 1 3/4" slash cuts for pipes since I really don't like the looks of 2-1.Do these perform well in your experience?This is a stock bike right now and I am not going to get all caught up in horsepower wars,I just want something with good low end grunt and decent hp #'s.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,852 Posts
How many times do I have to type "bump" to meet the character minimum?

Joe

·
Registered
152 Posts
It mite be a big bore kit. Not sure tho.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Have you considered just porting the heads and installing a cam? Those alone really wake up the fxr's... There's something to be careful of with boring out the jugs on the evo's. I cant remember what though. You can do it, but I recall being told this by a few wrenches.
I had an Andrews ev27 cam installed along with a thunderslide and K&N af and pipes and my fxrs will pull the front wheel right up and off the ground out of the hole and almost when shifting into 2nd when I get on it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fxrc

I just got the cv on and it seems to be running well.I am going to put in either an andrews or woods cam.Not sure about headwork yet.I will get the carb hopped up also.I was just wondering about this 85" as I'm not doing anything major until winter hits.I just want to ride and enjoy the bike right now.I want to weigh my options well before I modify this bike.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
shank,
Look under the dyno postings on the 3rd page at my 80" build. I think with a little less work you can get enough to satisfy you. I have this in an Ultra Classic that I ride all over the country and it is a very mild mannered build.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Sorry guys not in here often

The 85 kit is really the best bang for the buck. It is bolt on no case boring needed. Really if you have more questions give me a call

1 - 8 of 8 Posts