V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in assuming that when my bike was modified by my dealer Stage 2 with 203's, flat tops, SE A/C and Rhinehart true duals, that when it was programmed by them using the HD Download (150.00) that it is the same download MAP Program that is on the SERT disc (version "E")?

Am I also correct to assume that since HD does not recognize non HD performance parts such as the Rhinehart exhaust system that I have, that the download map that was programmed into my bike was and is the same download MAP program that is on the SERT disc under the stage 2 with the above mods but with HD Touring Exhaust (and not the Rhinehart's)?

The SERT E Version also has the latest MAP program for the replacement of the injectors from the 8 degree to the 25 degree spray pattern to correct the lean conditon that I feel that I'm experiencing. Would this be the same program that would be programmed into my bike when the dealer replaces my injectors?

I'll stop assuming now.
Thanks In Advance,
Skully

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
HKSkully said:
Am I correct in assuming that when my bike was modified by my dealer Stage 2 with 203's, flat tops, SE A/C and Rhinehart true duals, that when it was programmed by them using the HD Download (150.00) that it is the same download MAP Program that is on the SERT disc (version "E")?

I'll stop assuming now.
Thanks In Advance,
Skully

That was always my assumption, as well as the assumption of most of the other assumers here, I assume.

Then along comes a MoCo mole who did in fact work on race tuner development. He said the download/flash and the map on the SERT were not the same. But of course he did not supply us with any kind of meaningful information on the differences, if they do exist (or anything else, for that matter).:hmmm:

Oops! Sorry, I'm not a tech. Please disregard the above reply...

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MOCO Mole?

Dave, .Thanks for the info. He (the mocomole) did not offer any insight as to why the download was different, or is he so full of sh!t that his hair is brown for a reason?

I was thinking that the downloads and the SERT Maps were one in the same but don't know for sure.

Was wondering if the HD Digi-Tech would show the calibration code of a SERT installed MAP of 141MJ013 as matching the original download calibration of 34260-06 (both for the 8 degreee injectors and the ECM 32498-05A).

I'm from the old school, in that it's always best to measure twice and cut once and that an optimist installs a trailer hitch on a Yugo whikle a pessimist puts it on the front.

PS: Dave, your Avatar looks really cute 1/4th of the time. Hehe

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SERT Ver E

Thanks SE

I've got the E version of the Race Tuner. Bike was built with mods back in late November of 05 and delivered to me in the first week of December. I'm just delving into this tuning (Re-Mapping) programming.

If the map from the download cartridge is in fact one in the same as the disc version, then I can always reload the dealer installed map for my build, if I do screw up and map the wrong information into my ecm.

When I open up the tuning mode of the program and open up the file for the build map that I am currently assuming is the one that the dealer installed into my ecm, it does not show the settings in the map windows. All of the windows are 0.0 baseline to make changes from there either up or down. Is there a way that I can actually see the readings prior to the changes that would be made in the tuning program?

Whoa, I think I just found it. When I switch over to Advance Mode from Setup, are these the actual readings that are loaded into the ecm with this programmed map even though no map changes are made, just a straight ecm program loading?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts