V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st-thanks for input from everyone re: cam question I had. Looks like I will be making arrangements to switch 04 fat boy to 31g gear dr. Read on one post that due to excessive crank runout at pinion end, guy had to stay w/chain drive. In speaking w/andrews tech, they mentioned that they have a parts list for switching over to 06 dyna chain system and that cams for system are in production now. In event, while bike is apart and I did have a runout problem, what do you think of using the new chain system w/hydraulic tensioner and roller chain instead of just staying w/present chain drive? My hd dealer is going to get list from andrews and price it out just in case.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
There are various size gears to allow for different pinion run out but as you said, they don't always work. I would like to see the new chain set up just out of curriosity but I don't see a reason to switch as I don't have any problems with the original set up. Have you checked yours.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I seen a while ago a new woods cam that was going to be released soon that is belt driven. I like my new geared cam though.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Fatb0y said:
I seen a while ago a new woods cam that was going to be released soon that is belt driven. I like my new geared cam though.

I saw it a month ago at the Cincinnati V-Twin EasyRider show at the Wood Performance booth. As I recall, it uses a Gates belt that was developed for Nascar using a formula that allows it to live in oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts