V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have plans to buy an FLHX this winter and I was curious about how an MP3 player hooks up to the unit. Is there a port or cable somewhere I didn't see on the one at the stealership? I plan to use an Ipod Mini for most of my tune-filled riding. :Banadance

·
Registered
191 Posts
There is an AUX input connection on the lower right-hand corner of the radio's face. When not in use it is covered by a small cap.

regards

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
It has a input jack on the front. I just use the cd player, it can read mp3 ofm off it. Thats about ten hours of music and thats enough to listen in a day.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
It is the setting on your computer when you burn the cd, tell it to do it in the mp3 format. This is funny, me giving advice about a computer, I am always the one needing help. I guess it pays to ask questions. It is done on a normal cd. Any questons just ask. I use sonic for a burn program and it walks you through it. I get anywhere from 90 to a 100 songs in mp3 format. Just so you kow, you can only play that cd in a system that can read mp3, not all systems can, like the one in my chevy truck.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Rob is right on. I have the sonic program also and I downloaded a bunch of songs of the net and burned a couple of cd's. Now all I need to bring is one cd put it in the player and I have 10hrs of music. You can even select the random setting on the radio and it just skips around the cd....It's a great system. I'm computer illiterate also and I did it, it's easy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Am I missing something? I don't think you need to hook anything up . just put an mp3 disc in the unit and it will play it, normal stereo systems don't. What do you guys think about Sirius satilite? love buzzsaw im going to try to hook it up to my street glide

·
Registered
286 Posts
reg26 said:
I have the sonic program also and I downloaded a bunch of songs of the net and burned a couple of cd's.
Is Sonic a commercial program available at a local computer store? :hmmm:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Yes it is and you can also download it right over the net so you don't have to even leave your house!

·
But officer........
28 Posts
I have 176 songs on a cd ripped to MP3 format. Then push the random button and enjoy.

Dino

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
The latest version of Windows Media Player has a great setup for burning your mp3's and it's free and probably already on your computer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts