V-Twin Forum banner

question about the Baisley spring

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  alaskan302 
#1 ·
I have an EG Standard that i just bought used and it too has that annoying ticking.Everyone i have talked to says theirs does it and its normal,but i wouldnt mind getting rid of it.How hard is this spring to install?Do you have to have any special tools?They (harley dealer) serviced this thing when i bought it,but i have no idea what oil they put in it.Would it be wise to go ahead and change to something else to help eliminate the ticking?The bike runs and rides great,but the ticking is annoying.Thanks for any replies......cool website too

mike

#2 ·
You didn't say if this is your first HD, but the motors are noisey.
The Baisley spring will not only help the noise issue but improve oil
flow where it is needed in my opinion.
Easy install. Most of the time is removing and reinstalling the exhaust.
No special tools required. A little tricky holding the spring in place
and inserting the roll pin.
I would use SE exhaust gaskets.

#4 ·
nvsteve.....thanks for the quick reply.No,this isnt my first Harley...i had a VRod for a few months.Of course,completly different motors.When i first bought this bike i thought there was something wrong with it.It has 50k miles on it,but has been maintained just as it is supposed to be by HD.A guy at work just bought a new Ultra classic and his does the same thing,but i still had to ask.
I also read on a post somewhere about maybe a problem with some oil coming out of the breather or something....many people had that kind of trouble with the stock 88's putting in the spring?
mike

#6 ·
mikes99EG said:
nvsteve.....thanks for the quick reply.No,this isnt my first Harley...i had a VRod for a few months.Of course,completly different motors.When i first bought this bike i thought there was something wrong with it.It has 50k miles on it,but has been maintained just as it is supposed to be by HD.A guy at work just bought a new Ultra classic and his does the same thing,but i still had to ask.
I also read on a post somewhere about maybe a problem with some oil coming out of the breather or something....many people had that kind of trouble with the stock 88's putting in the spring?
mike
Spring has nothing to do with oil carry over....Harley does that good enough all on there own.

#9 ·
mikes99EG said:
hdmd88.....what does that mean,"oil carry over"?

and another question,what is that "fng" under my name mean?
Well being a Christian guy I can't really spell it out for you what the fng means.....I will tell you this you are a ******* new guy.

Now ''oil carry over'' is definitely a long explanation and its bed time for me so do a search on OIL CARRY OVER and put hdmd88 in with your search.....several post will come up on it ...thanks

#10 ·
FNG amd Baisley Spring

In most other forums, FNG means ForumNew Guy, but I guess it could mean otherwise.

Now, on to the Baisley spring. Does anyone have a link to a place that I can order one?

Also, wouldn't I void the remainder of my warranty if I put one in now? I can wait 'till next year, when the warranty runs out if necessary.

This site ROCKS!

#19 ·
hoosierhog88 said:
In most other forums, FNG means ForumNew Guy, but I guess it could mean otherwise.

Now, on to the Baisley spring. Does anyone have a link to a place that I can order one?

Also, wouldn't I void the remainder of my warranty if I put one in now? I can wait 'till next year, when the warranty runs out if necessary.

This site ROCKS!
Yep it means forum here :yes: :roflback: .
Let us know how the spring works out for ya mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.