V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a new owner of a 2003 Nightrain. I purchased the bike about a month ago with 1400 miles on it. I have just hit my 100 mile mark on the bike and I had an issue the other night that has got me a little concerned.

The bike has been performing fine until the other night I had to make a lane pass, I was going 25mph and in second gear when I hit the throttle to make the pass and the bike responded like "you want me to do what" and studderd for about 2-3 seconds and almost stalled. I am not mechanically inclined(although im learning) but I am seeking an expert opinion.

What might of caused this?

Some other varibles that might help.

The bike has been sitting in the garage all winter and had the same gas in it at the time.

The bike has recently (within last 6 months) had its 1000 mile tune up.

The bike was warmed up and had been on the road for about 15 minutes before this happend.

Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks.

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
A 2003 with only 1400 miles and sitting around for the Winter, you might just need some fresh gas and to blow the cobwebs out of it.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rannen, check your earth lead.........if the bike was serviced they may have removed the earth lead from the battery and when putting it back forgot to tighten it..............a decent bump would momentarily cause it to break contact.

As Snaps stated too ............if it is a carb bike, it would do to remove the float bowl and see if it is clean or not..................or wether there is water in the fuel tank from condensation or other means.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Harley just released an internal statement that stalling, poor cold running will be addressed under warranty with a new injector.
The injector is a 24 degree unit that comes on the 103 engines. All Big V-Twins will come from the factory with this new injector starting mid February, 2006.
Call your dealer to see if your 03 will qualify.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
George C said:
Harley just released an internal statement that stalling, poor cold running will be addressed under warranty with a new injector.
The injector is a 24 degree unit that comes on the 103 engines. All Big V-Twins will come from the factory with this new injector starting mid February, 2006.
Call your dealer to see if your 03 will qualify.
I believe that was just an 06 problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts