V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, just got back from the Sampson website. I looked at mufflers for the RK. Most were $350. Then looked at the True Dual Crossover. What exactly is a crossover? This crossover is $470. When looking at the mufflers, it stated you could use stock or the True Dual Crossovers. Are there performance/sound differences when using this type of system over stock with an aftermarket muffler? Do you get performance/sound when just using the stock with mufflers? I am also assuming that these mufflers are considered slip-ons. For the RK, do you also have to worry with heat shields? Thanks in advance. Oh, adding up the Crossover with a set of mufflers, that is over $800 not considering S&H and installation. Fu(k that's expensive!:eek: J.T.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
A crossover is basically a balance tube that joins both exhaust pipes and equalizes the back pressure and exhaust pulses. Although the pipe with the straightest shot out the back flows more freely therefor the opposite mufflers packing material, if any, will last longer and eventually impart more restriction and be somewhat quieter than the other with time. Some performance gains are there but they are marginal.

Just my $.02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts