V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting an Aerocharger on my 14 Road King. It's pretty much a bolt up except for a few issues with vacuum line sizes but nothing that hasn't been solved.

However, the kit cam with a Bosch 0 281 002 845 3 bar map sensor. I am assuming this was the case because 08-12 power commander V USB had a connector for it.

The PC V USB that fits the 14 touring bikes does not have a harness for a direct plug in for a map sensor. The map sense can have it's +5V blade connector wired to pinout 2 on the PC V then you can go into the software and enable pressure sensor.

I'm not sure how best to wire the sensor, should I solder a very light gauge wire to the blade connector? Does anyone know what the mail plug part number is?

Short of that does it matter if I use this map sensor or any universal fit 3 bar map sensor since I am not longer using the connectors on the PC V USB. It may be cleaner to get one of those.

Thoughts? This is the last bit of work I need to do before getting it tuned for riding season.

Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question has been answered by the guys at Power Commander. PC V USB works with any 3 bar map sensor.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a whole thread in the wrong spot under twin cam engine mods. I realized afterward it didn't makes sense in that forum cause this ins't an engine mod and I didn't see this forum unit later. I should ask a mod to relocate the thread.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Runs, starts instantly, isn't as loud as I had hoped, is a bit lean so I need to work the map before getting to dyno tuner. Need to button up location for PC V and map sensor.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OK-although Dave (engine builder) is tearing the motor down for a complete rebuild he wanted to do some baseline runs with a decent tune just to get an idea. The bike with 5 lbs of boost made 132.72 hp and 138.82 lb / ft of torque. It made a 135 lb / ft at 3k rpms. He's going to do a baseline run with the 8 lb spring because that is ultimately going to be the boost. That's probably 60 rw lb / ft of torque and the HP without turbo I don't know. HD advertises the CVO RK at 115 lb /ft at the crank.

The heads are back from Baisly (mine will be cores), he has picked a cam (although I don't know what it is) and I'll post those specs when I have them.

I am expecting a beast to come back to me when the spring comes.

If you are looking at the Aerocharger look at that gain with 5 lbs of boost for about 5k. This is going to be fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
almost same issue

I have an Aerocharger on my '14 street glide with PCV and auto tune.

My issue is when I go into boost, the factory MAP sensor locks itself out, essentially thinking the throttle is wide open. When I come to a stop or back down to idle, the sensor is still frozen at WOT and so it dumps fuel and eventually sputters to a stall. Once I shut the bike down and restart, the sensor resets and all is well.

My theory is, could I cut the MAP input wire from the sensor and install a resistor tee'd off from the 5v power wire? The idea being I would still have 5v from the ECU to the sensor to keep the temp side of the sensor functioning properly but have the MAP side a fixed value so it just thinks the engine is idle. I'm not worried about any other driving situation because the 3 bar MAP attached to the PCV will handle everything else.

Thanks for your help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts