V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I was looking over this 05 Dyna that I just bought and found the drive belt to have a bunch of cracked teeth. Man I'm telling ya...The guy that owned this bike before me did not take very good care of it. You can tell that the belt was ridden loose and thats how the cracks got there.
Anyway..The belt is a 133 tooth by 1 1/8 wide. QUESTION: can I use the less costly 132 tooth X 1 1/8 belt that I found on steel-bay or do I need to get a 133 tooth? Has anyone ever used a 132 tooth to replace a 133? Anyone?

Thanks,
2wheel

·
Registered
569 Posts
It's half an inch per tooth. You can go up a tooth on the front or rear pulley or down on the belt and still barely squeeze it on. It's very tight, and a P.I.T.A.

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
Look at your adjuster if in the middle or toward the back you are golden.My bikes came with 139 running 136 fyi

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Big engine in a Dyna, I'd want the longest belt without running out of adjustment. I'm still running my stock belt, almost 15000mi. The last time it was adjusted it was just about all that's left for adj. Will be buying a new one next spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts