V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting ready to put a set of se211 cams in my bike and a dyntec tc88 igniton also i was wanting to pump up the compresson but i really dont want to deck the heads i was wanting to know if i could get what i am looking for out of a thinner set of head gaskets if so what size not wanting any thing really crazy just want to bump it up to around 10 can i get this out of a set of gaskets and how reliable it will be thanks for your input...

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Short answer NO, unless you're almost @ 10 now. Going from a stock .045 HG to .030 HG, a .015 difference in HG thickness will gain about .25 in CR.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
more compression

You only have two choices to increase your compression, mill the heads to make combustion chamber smaller or use a set of pistons with a dome. Milling the head is easier and cheaper to do. What bike are you putting this into ?? dsv

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a 2000 fatboy i thank i am just got to go with the .030 head gaskets for now but what should i set the tc88 box setting to far as timming and rev limter and what about jetting it has vance big shots and a hyper charger pro on it now thanks for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts