V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
adlerx said:
Are they identical parts used (pistons, jugs, gaskets) to take the 96" to 103" as those used to take the 88" to 95". If not, what is the difference?
Jugs and Gaskets are the same but the pistons/wrist pins changed in 07...all the parts from my 103 kit all had 99 as last part number except dealing with pistons those had 07 ending numbers Ill scan a copy of the parts list and post

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Yup, Az got it right. The jugs are the same, just have them bored like you would for a 95. Pistons are different. The skirts are shorter due to longer stroke and more clearance needed. Gaskets are the same as well, same top end as a 88 or 95......Obviosly you know the cams, oil pump, cam plate and tensioners are different though......

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Pistons

The wrist pin hole location in the stroker piston is not compatable with a 4" flywheel assembly. (88")

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, answers my question. I will order the pistons today and get my spare set of seasoned jugs from my TC88 to the shop for boring as soon as the pistons arrive.
Is there a seperate SE catalogue for 08'? If so, do the dealers give em up? The current P&A book doesn't have much of the SE stuff in it anymore. I know about the reasons why, just want a catalogue....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts