V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
~~Finder Of Paths ~~
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question about the operation of new HK stereo on new touring bikes. Just started the paperwork for aproval on a loan for 10,000 to get a new Ultra in the March April timeframe. Decided I wanted the purple, orange custom color that is only available in that time period. Setting here dreamin of the day I pick it up I got to wondering a little about how the radio functions. Got my daugher a MP3 player for X-mas on it I can group songs in folders, select a folder and play just the songs in that folder or can play all songs on it etc. Just wondered if the HK stereo functions anything similar to that. I realize it is playing the MP3's off a CD not anything like a MP3 player playing from flash memory but at any rate was hoping there was some way to select which songs to play other than just going one at a time through 10 hours of music to find the song you want. Thanks for answers.

·
40 Posts
The only way I have done it is going through Each song # by # . I even recorded them by file and still had to go that way. There is a plug in the front you can actually plug an MP3 player into and run it through the bikes speakers......:hmmm:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Haven't played an MP3 on my bike yet. I spend most of the time on XM anyway.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I thought I would plug my iPod into the 06 Street Glide HK radio. But, I found that when you convert the music from AAC(iPod) to MP3 and then burn to CD, you can get 10 hours of music per CD for the HK player. As you said.

If you burn 3 CDs, ya got 30 hours of music which should be enough for a very long trip, and no one will steal your MP3 player. Cheaper to lose or damage burned CDs, than MP3 player. Plus you can have the input spot on the front of the radio still open for other stuff, like radar dectetor or GPS audio input. AND, no worries about power for MPs player if riding on a multiple day ride.

Yes, shuttling through 10 hours of CDs could be a pain, but would be safer than looking at a small screen on MP3 player while riding. And I had problems with iPod 40 gig, as the hard-drive skips on bumbs and could be damaged. Hard circuit players like Nano, are good, but still only hold 4 gigs max, and MP3 burned CDs would enable you to bring your entire collection for few $$s and change to a different collection or style depending on you mood and destination.

May not be what you were asking, but just another 2 cents to think about before puitting a lot of money into adding a player which won't add much.

Skip

·
~~Finder Of Paths ~~
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep pretty much the answers I was looking for thanks all, your no doubt right about not being safe trying to shuffle through folders looking for songs etc. Guess I'll just have to DEAL with the problem of having 10 hours of music to select from lol. Right now just getting a loan approval for the amount I will owe after downpayment, which should prove no problem. then sometime after the first of the year go back and give them 2100 for the 10% down, never thought I would be so anxios to GIVE someone $2100 lol cant wait. Probably be sometime around April before I can actually take deliver and HAVE to put up with problems like to much music on one cd to shuffle through.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Making MP3 CD's

One thing to remember. When you are making your MP3 Cd's, you have the ability to record only the songs that you are interested in. I know it takes longer to select the songs that you want instead on burning the whole album.
By selecting the songs that you want, you will ultimately end up with a cd that only has the songs on it that you want to hear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts