V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. In January I placed a deposit at my local H-D dealer for a 2003 Fatboy. He told me that he didn't see any problem getting the bike by March of 2003.

Does this sound right to you? I was under the impression that all 2003 bikes were 'sold out' long ago. I'm really worried that I won't get my bike like promised. Or do you think that he knows what his store has been allocated and that he has not taken reservations for that many slots yet?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Ward.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how about this...

i've posted the question on other boards. what i've just read is troubling to me.

there will be 2003 stock models and 2003 special models.

anyone else know that???

this will be my first harley and i was hoping for a 2003 100th aniv. model.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FifthGear,

But it was posted on the internet - it must be true! LOL

I hear you. I've also heard the same thing - that ALL 2003 models will be the anniversary models.

The reason I was getting worried about it is because of all the things I've read about dealers taking large deposits to hold the anniversary models. My dealer only wanted $500 to hold mine. And how those 'spots' have been filled for quite some time.

I do trust our dealer however. I'm using the same salesman that my dad did recently to purchase his 02 Ultra Classic. He is a real strait shooter. He has no bones about telling you what or what not to purchase from H-D (i.e. boots, gear, alarm systems).

I think that any dealer that suggests you NOT buy something from H-D is an honest person. He flat out told my dad not to purchase certain items from the store because they were overpriced junk.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ward

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I had the cash and my dealer had what I want I wanted (they don't) I'd buy now. I've been in bad debt since I was in college. This fall I'll finally have ALL MY BILLS PAID OFF. :)

Now I'm gonna sound a lot like that old man in the commercial here, but owning a Harley-Davidson has always been a dream of mine. I haven't ridden motorcycles for more than ten years. I'm finally (almost) now in a position where I can invest in a H-D.

I'm just hoping for two things. One that my 'spot' on the list will get me an '03 bike. And two, that the prices are not out of line compared to this years' prices. If indeed they are out of line, I will not be buying a H-D next year. Nor will I be buying any other bike. I will wait until I find the bike that I want. I do agree that RIDING is the bigger picture here, but I'm not after years of fighting out of debt, settle for anything less than my dream. Which of course as always been a H-D.

Ward

JimmyK said:

An 03 Harley is nothing more than that. A bike. The question is, WHY do you want a bike?

If the answer is TO RIDE, then get yer ass out there and buy a bike and to HELL with a waiting list. The people in life that matter, don't care what ya ride so long as you ride. My true BROTHERS would be no more impressed with me if I had an 03 but they WOULD be disapointed if they saw me wasteing a YEAR of wind on a waiting list.

Buying now ya miss out on a badge. Buying a year from now, ya missed out on a year. Put the two in the scales and see which way your heart tips.

Best to ya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.