V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,250 Posts
Ok, you know me, I am going to post a personal opinion. :eek:

The idea and love should be for RIDING first and HARLEY second. If I were a member of the board, what would I be doing right now? I'd be promoting all the hype I could about 1903-2003. Why? BECAUSE I WOULD WANT AS MUCH OF YOUR MONEY IN MY POCKET AS I COULD CLIP.

I was watching some crap on TV the other night and low and behold! A HARLEY DAVIDSON commercial! Think about it and ask yourself, how many of them you have seen? Some old man talking to the young'unns about what he DIDN'T do. ( ie buy a Harley when he was younger.) I thought to myself, "I'll be damned! Harley actually bought some air time!" I wondered why for about 2 seconds. It is 2002. I wondered where the money for the commercial came from for about one second. CHA-CHING! Now honsetly folks think about it. (1) The waiting list for 03, if ya get on it, they make ya feel like they have done YOU a favor. (2) The prices have NOT been published yet. (3) Any Corporate fat ass can sit back and watch the waiting list grow which ONLY accounts for those willing to commit now. Add to that the normal years sales AND the new found hype they will pump through your BOOB TUBE between now and then and badda bing badda boom! They can pretty much inflate the prices again. Like The Hippo has said, perhaps for the last time. Now if you were FAT, OLD, and GREEDY, what would YOU do?

An 03 Harley is nothing more than that. A bike. The question is, WHY do you want a bike?

If the answer is TO RIDE, then get yer ass out there and buy a bike and to HELL with a waiting list. The people in life that matter, don't care what ya ride so long as you ride. My true BROTHERS would be no more impressed with me if I had an 03 but they WOULD be disapointed if they saw me wasteing a YEAR of wind on a waiting list.

Buying now ya miss out on a badge. Buying a year from now, ya missed out on a year. Put the two in the scales and see which way your heart tips.

Best to ya

· Registered
7,250 Posts
Ward I can tell I like you. I suppose what I am saying is grab the dream now while you can. The hype of 03 is not your dream. Owning and RIDING a Harley is. To live the dream is Rat to V-Rod, whatever it be, RIDE TODAY, TOMORROW, FOREVER.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.