V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
originally posted in the custom paint forum, moved to general discussion in the hopes of getting more responses

I ordered my fenders this morning and will order my stretch tank next payday. I am starting my quest for a custom painter. Any info anyone could pass along would be mucho appreciated.

this guy is bad to the bone!
http://www.badasspaint.com/prices.htm

click on skulls and flames

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is the front fender coming from J&P

this is the rear fender also from J&P

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cant beleive no one has any tips :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yo Misguided, you will have to excuse me for falling asleep! What are you looking for in the way of a paintjob? I do have a small custom paint shop but don't talk about it much here, want to keep the peace ya know! I usually work by myself so there is not a whole lot of production goin' on here. One at a time, I like it that way. If I can be of any assistance let me know brother. I also wouldn't hesitate to use one of the big name painters, they're very good but a little pricey.
Sheepboy

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Over the years, many of us have used a variety of painters. The biggest complaint you're likely to hear is that the work took much longer than promised!!!!

With the summer riding season fast approaching, paint work will be in demand. IMHO, you'd be best served to locate a painter in your area. The State of Kaliforn-i-a has scores of very good painters. Unless you're planning on taking the metal off your bike, shipping it cross country and waiting weeks in mid-riding reason to get your parts back, sending your parts to a painter in another part of the Country isn't the best idea this time of year.

If my recollection serves me (and it's failing just like every other body part!), a few months ago, we had some discussion about painters???:confused: Maybe a search?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
pasadenajim said:
Over the years, many of us have used a variety of painters. The biggest complaint you're likely to hear is that the work took much longer than promised!!!!

With the summer riding season fast approaching, paint work will be in demand. IMHO, you'd be best served to locate a painter in your area. The State of Kaliforn-i-a has scores of very good painters. Unless you're planning on taking the metal off your bike, shipping it cross country and waiting weeks in mid-riding reason to get your parts back, sending your parts to a painter in another part of the Country isn't the best idea this time of year.

If my recollection serves me (and it's failing just like every other body part!), a few months ago, we had some discussion about painters???:confused: Maybe a search?
nuthin in the paint forum, I am replacing all the sheet metal and will keep the stock stuff on till the new stuff gets done.............

sheepboy said:
Yo Misguided, you will have to excuse me for falling asleep! What are you looking for in the way of a paintjob? I do have a small custom paint shop but don't talk about it much here, want to keep the peace ya know! I usually work by myself so there is not a whole lot of production goin' on here. One at a time, I like it that way. If I can be of any assistance let me know brother. I also wouldn't hesitate to use one of the big name painters, they're very good but a little pricey.
Sheepboy
sent you a email off line.

Guys what I am looking for more than anything is advice on what you would have done different, for example it occured to me maybe I should have a oil tank done to match. I have not really decided on flames, custom airbrush or anything else as of yet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My 2 cents...... when I painted my Sporty I did the tank and fenders and also did the oil tank and belt guard. I think it lends itself to a good overall custom look. Just my thoughts. (hey I had at least one today!):D
Sheepboy

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Am getting ready to leave for a ride lasting most the of the day. Let me think on it today. Very good question. And in the mean time, some of the other members may be able to share their experiences.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts