V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a member at V-twin forum since I bought my bike last year, but this is me first posting. Here goes with my questions.
I have a 2005 FXDLI. I installed a Screamin Eagle Stage-1 air cleaner system, and coupled that with a set of Screamin Eagle Pro Slip Fit Torque mufflers. I had my local dealer install the standard ECM recalibration cartridge. The bike seems to be running fine. I only have a slight bit of popping on decel, which the dealer says is normal. I pulled the plugs prior to winter storage, and they seem to be OK. Sort of ash grey, with absolutely no black or carbon build up. There's no excessive bluing of the exhaust pipes, except for around the jugs. According to the folks at HD, the ECM recalibration cartridge is for the air cleaner, and doesn't take changing pipes into consideration.
So the BIG QUESTION in my mind is, am I all set? Or, do I need to consider something like a Race Fueler, SERT, or Power Commander. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I have the same mufflers and air cleaner on my 03 Heritage and my bike runs fine. an occasional pop on decel if reving to take off and have to slow down real quick. you'll be fine with that set up. many will mention you'll be lean still, dfo, tfo, pc 3 or sert. if your not planning on building your motor you have what will work for your set up. if you do build your motor then move to a sert or such.

good luck and ride safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts