V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, when I take my reading at TDC on my pistons. I place my gauge on the flat out edge (domed high compression wiseco)of the piston do I have to torque the cylinder down for a correct reading??? Never did an 0-ring cyl. before.

·
MaxHeadflow
1,344 Posts
"otherwise yes.."

But according to the picture .... No... He used some spacers and head bolt to hold things in place but I sure as heck wouldn't torque with those spacers.

Bruce

·
Registered
746 Posts
hugie03flhr said:
Hi Guys, when I take my reading at TDC on my pistons. I place my gauge on the flat out edge (domed high compression wiseco)of the piston do I have to torque the cylinder down for a correct reading??? Never did an 0-ring cyl. before.
I used 1/2" PVC couplers (x4,2 on each) from home depot and the short head bolts worked great and no chance of messing up the head gasket surface area

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I have custom spacers that i made up that i use to check deck height. I dont "think" it has to be to 42 ft lbs but i do torq them down enough so i get an accurate repeatable reading. The only other difference is i use 4 bolts when i do it most of the time...Just my .02

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YankeeBob said:
We now call this "Squench" so everyone is happy.
:roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback: THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!! Thats why I used both words so I don't get yelled at. Thanks for the imput. The PVC couplers sounds like a good idea. I assume I can't put the full torque rate on them but I'll try to keep it even and close to spec.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Smart asses! (Squench) Boy, I'm NEVER going to live that one down! %[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts