V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man! Some of them stereo's are nice. I had a little mishap in the desert last weekend and was on the side of the hwy when a guy on an Electra Glide went by. I gave him the thumbs up and he smiled and kept rolling. The guy was a quarter mile or more down the road and I could still hear his stereo clearly until a truck passed me.

I was at the dealer Monday and saw the display for the system that clamps onto your handle bars, plugged in my music and holey shingles, loud and clear. Why even put a stereo on a bike if you can't hear it a 70 or 80 mph? Not 45 or 55, EIGHTY!!! Yes we have roads here in the West that speed limits are 65 or 75mph. I roll 80 mph for hours but I can barely hear my stereo. Awsome.

WTF is with Harley and the crap they put on these bikes. Yes I know they buy all their products from the lowest bidder for maximum markup and revenue but come on. It just kills me that I buy a 20 thousand dollar bike and have to change everything to make it nice. "F"ing EPA and other ahole regs.

I want a bike with pipes and air intake that will be high flow with the turn a couple screws. Nuts and bolts made out of Stainless so all the hardware looks corroded and crappy. (I'll take a stainless screw over a chrome one any day). Digital antenna's for bikes without a CB. Stereo and speakers worth a "F". I think Harley needs to focus on quality of models not quantity.
What's next, a Dyna Super Glide Ultra Classic Limited?

Sorry, I just had to vent.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Man! Some of them stereo's are nice. I had a little mishap in the desert last weekend and was on the side of the hwy when a guy on an Electra Glide went by. I gave him the thumbs up and he smiled and kept rolling. The guy was a quarter mile or more down the road and I could still hear his stereo clearly until a truck passed me.

I was at the dealer Monday and saw the display for the system that clamps onto your handle bars, plugged in my music and holey shingles, loud and clear. Why even put a stereo on a bike if you can't hear it a 70 or 80 mph? Not 45 or 55, EIGHTY!!! Yes we have roads here in the West that speed limits are 65 or 75mph. I roll 80 mph for hours but I can barely hear my stereo. Awsome.

WTF is with Harley and the crap they put on these bikes. Yes I know they buy all their products from the lowest bidder for maximum markup and revenue but come on. It just kills me that I buy a 20 thousand dollar bike and have to change everything to make it nice. "F"ing EPA and other ahole regs.

I want a bike with pipes and air intake that will be high flow with the turn a couple screws. Nuts and bolts made out of Stainless so all the hardware looks corroded and crappy. (I'll take a stainless screw over a chrome one any day). Digital antenna's for bikes without a CB. Stereo and speakers worth a "F". I think Harley needs to focus on quality of models not quantity.
What's next, a Dyna Super Glide Ultra Classic Limited?

Sorry, I just had to vent.
I hear you. The problem is Harley really has no direct competition. Do you really think they are going to dump a few hundred $$ extra in each bike to have SS bolts and nice stereo when they don't have to? Not as long as they can sell them without. I wish Harley had some better competition - it would force them to up the quality or lower the prices.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Certainly not disagreeing with you dynaglydr, but I guess I look at it with a slightly different viewpoint.

There is no way Harley could ever please everybody, no matter how much money they dumped into a model. You mentioned the radio... I know some folks who have an Ultra that never listen to their radio, so if Harley put a high quality system in from the factory, it would just be wasted money.

I look at Harleys like an artist might look at a blank canvas. The Harley is the blank canvas and I am the artist.... once I buy it, I can make it mine and change it up any way I want. Besides, if Harley gave us everything right from the factory, it would sure put a lot of people in the aftermarket industry out of work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts