V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gearing up for a weekend trip with the girlie and am in the market for a T-Bag (sissy bar bag). I'm leaning towards T-Bags' Super-T because I can make it bigger/smaller depending on what we bring with us (I know my girlie will want to fill it to the brim).

I already have a Medium Low sissy bar (53282-06) with luggage rack attached. From the luggage rack to the top of the sissy bar pad is about 10". The pad is about 7" wide, 8" tall. So my question is, will the Super-T or LoneStar bag fit? Don't want to spend the $$ to find out it won't fit (i.e. doesn't have enough sissy bar for the back to attach to). I don't want the bag falling off on the road.

According to the T-Bags web site, it states that the _pad_ has to be about 7" wide, 8" tall and 2" thick (mine is). It then states the top of the pad must come out the top of the bag mounting loop. Problem is, it doesn't provide the distance between the bottom of the bag and the top of the mounting loop. Hopfully its 10".

I'd rather not have to get a taller sissybar. If it won't fit, what bag would?

Thanks in advance.

·
repeat offender
691 Posts
T-Bag measurments

Hey Petrock,

I bought a LoneStar a week before Laughlin this year and I think it is a great bag. I took the tape and measured from the bottom of the bag to the top of the backrest loops, came out to 11" exactly. Of course if you're luggage rack sits down a little lower, then this will work perfect.

I took a picture so you can see where we measured it:

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flyin Brian said:
Hey Petrock,

I bought a LoneStar a week before Laughlin this year and I think it is a great bag. I took the tape and measured from the bottom of the bag to the top of the backrest loops, came out to 11" exactly. Of course if you're luggage rack sits down a little lower, then this will work perfect.

I took a picture so you can see where we measured it:

Thanks for the pic. That helps alot. Picture is worth a thousand words. Guess I have to order soon to make sure it gets here before our trip. btw, nice dog. Boxer?

·
repeat offender
691 Posts
Yes, we have an 8 year old male Boxer named Tyson. I was thinking about getting a companion for him and I happened to find the NorCal Boxer Rescue website. They had a message saying they desparately need foster homes so I signed up and now I am on my 3rd boxer who is staying with me until they get adopted. So I'm sort of running a half-way house for boxers!!!

That pic is of my newest girl Sadie. She always has to be in the middle of whatever is going on, so I let her hold the end of the measuring tape!

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flyin Brian said:
I was thinking about getting a companion for him and I happened to find the NorCal Boxer Rescue website.
Yup, I know then well. My girlie is a Vet Tech and does alot of work with NorCal Boxer Resque as well as Bay Area Boxer Rescue. Bay Area Boxer Resque helped us out when we rescued a 6 week old Olde English Bulldog ("Bentley") that had parvo. The original owners couldn't afford treetment so they surrendered him to us. BABR donated a bunch of blood from a 10 year old Boxer. Bentley needed a blood transfusion. Saved his life. 8 months later, Bentley is doing great (currently eating one of my girlies shoes. :wootdnc:).

Anyway, thanks for the info. I've ordered the bag from Zanotti's. Thanks alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts