V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been discussed before, but is anyone running these?
I'm not to keen on the "fixed" non-removable baffle, but i've heard some
good things about the sound and low end power increase...
Any input? Likes, dislikes, etc...?
Thanks

·
Bike Addict
84 Posts
I have slip-on Python 3s for my 2005 Softail Springer and like them. You loose a little of the low end torque, but they have a nice deep sound (like a big block engine) and with a p.c. and K&N air cleaner, you can make up the difference. Hope this helps! :cool:

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
hmmmm

BadTwin said:
Thanks
i think they use the same technology as the khromewerks slip-ons. I believe they run best on 95'' motors+. they are basically true duals. i ran the earleir version on my '82 fxr which had a sifton cam a re-bore and a whopping 9-1 comp. nice power,great sound.

·
Banned
871 Posts
BadTwin said:
Thanks
I thing I mentioned this in one of your other posts... Bartels and Python III are about the only two 2-2 systems that perform well. No need to worry about the non-removable baffles, they are designed to perform great as they are so there's no need to modify/tune them.

Still, you can't beat the performance of a 2-1 system. If you really want a 2-2, then the two systems I mentioned are the way to go. I guess the V&H straight shots are ok, too. Check out this link:

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/exhaust_test_01.htm

Personally, I prefer the V&H Pro-Pipe or Thunderheader 2-1 systems. They are in the top five for performance exhausts. :clap:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Had Python 3s on my '03 FXDWG and loved them.
The original Pythons (most unique sound of any pipe I've ever heard on an FX Harley) and Python 2s were made by Khrome Werks. The Python 3s are made by V&H.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts