V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the bike scene and have a question about putting pipes on a FLSTFI. This seems to be an easy, straight forward job, but I know nothing about working on bikes as I'm fairly new to the bike scene. I've always done most all the work to my cars myself, so I'm no stranger to a toolbox. My question is,.....is putting on pipes just a matter of R+Ring the old pipes? Anything to look out for? How about torque specs for the new pipes, or just crank 'em down? Thanks.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Honkylips said:
I've always done most all the work to my cars myself, so I'm no stranger to a toolbox.
You shouldn't have any trouble swapping your exhaust. You might as well buy a repair manual since you probabaly want to do most of your repairs yourself.

I got to know, how did you decide to go with that user name? :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The name came from National Lampoon's Vacation (The origianl one). When the Griswalds got lost in the bad part of St. Louis, the dudes painted "Honkylips" on the family truckster as they were stealing their hubcaps. It just one of those dumb things that always cracked me up for some reason.

·
Registered
335 Posts
pardon me holmes, (god i lve that movie),
yes it's pretty much a straight foward swap. also in another post you ask about Rip Saws and torque cones. i run a set and LOVE them. torque cones slip into the pipe before install at the heads end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts