V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a bigger PITA to get the factory pipes off than to install the 2-1.
They require spaces (supplied) for the right hand floorboard and the chrome covers are hard to install...other than that, pretty straightforward. Reduced my popping on decel almost to nothing...I think I can tune the rest out.

I love the sound...has a bark on acceleration and is very acceptable at speed. I think I lost a touch of low end compared to the factory Y with slip on's, but it revs smoother and more quickly thru the midrange and at higher rpms. I like the look and since I got an almost new pipe for $300, I'm a pretty happy camper.:wootdnc:
hibuck....

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
!worthless

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
If Rinehart would do something about the way the heat shield is over the collector I would buy one in a second. That is one thing IMO that kills the look of it.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interestingly, that was one of the things I liked about it when I got it on. The part fits well and creates a smooth flow from the header to the exhaust pipe. -2$en#e-
hibuck...

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's lower. What's more...the heat under the seat is way lower.
You still get heat off the motor...no matter what pipes you run,
but for me, the 2-1 is far superior.
hibuck...

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I have the Rinehart 2:1 on my RK too...one thing to keep an eye on is the end cap on mine went from black, and turned gold. I've heard that others have had the same experience. BUB will replace the end caps if they change colors, but I think the gold looks pretty nice myself.
Maybe they've fixed the problem, but don't be supreised if it does change colors.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are correct sir! Mine is now a reddish purple in color. I talked to RH and they want 85 bucks to replace it. I'm going to check into having it "black chromed" locally and see if it costs less.
hibuck..

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Black chromed...black powder coated; good idea!
Mine started out as reddish purple, then it just kept changing. When it reaches gold...that's the end...I think.

·
Registered
751 Posts
hibuckhobby said:
You are correct sir! Mine is now a reddish purple in color. I talked to RH and they want 85 bucks to replace it. I'm going to check into having it "black chromed" locally and see if it costs less.
hibuck..
They replaced mine under warranty almost a year later.

Rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts