V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any quick install pushrods out there that can with stand a Woods 650 lift cam. SE are fat and can/do rub he pushrod tubes. (my experience on my earlier 95 build).

S&S says theirs can but they are somewhat new and I do not know anyone using them.

I also have one noisey SE lifter so I thought I would change out at the same time. Has anyone used the high rev or regular V-thunder lifters?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
The best are Jims titanium for their rigidity and weight savings. They won't bend so be sure everything is clearanced right. Second choice and a lot cheaper Crane steel or Smiths (you tell them the length and they fabricate exact fit)
Weight is a consideration if high r's are possibility, over 6200. Exact fits are rigid, light and stock diameter. Exact fits are not for the easier is better guys either as they do require the rockers removed to getthem out and a cam switch would require a new set if the base circle changes. Another never mentioned fact is that a smaller diameter rod allows better breathing down the tube.
Lifters AMS now sells a Johnson HiLift reworked lightened higher oil capacity better valving version of the Chevy lifter everyone touts as the best.
Just another view for your consideration

1 - 2 of 2 Posts