V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace the 'hockey puck' turn knob latches on their Police bike saddle bags with a push-button kit? I see several on Ebay , priced from $35-65 , some claiming to be better/best.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Sorry, can't help ya. Anyways, I actually like the pucks on my FLHP. They're unique, and functional.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah , I do too. But I like to try new things and change up it's looks every now and then. I actually have leather 'Classic' bags on it now. Hard bags are getting repainted.

I do like the pucks because I can open the bags while sitting at a light or stopped traffic , so I can change glasses , gloves , grab a drink of water , etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1988 flhtp

ALCON, I'm the new guy to Harleys so I went older, many things to tinker/repair/explore. The police model controls are new to me I agree on the hitting the horn vise left turn signal, done it several times. Have been thinking on changing the controls too.

The separation of the turn signals is hard to adjust too and they don't click and stay on, is that normal?

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Do they click? Dunno with straight pipes. Never tried without the bike running. Mine stay on until the turn is completed then self cancel. I am of the old school and check that the signal is off .

·
Registered
36 Posts
I regrettably baught a set of push button latches off ebay. I did not install them because i would have had to drill the hole in the lid bigger and were plastic junk, i am sure the bags would have rattled open. I think i paid about $50-60 bucks for them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts