V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.... Not exactly what your were thinking?

This is a early Bourget chassis that was built about 10 years ago at Big Boyz Cycles. It has an S&S engine, dual Delorto dual throat side draft carbs, dual Karata Vertex Single fire Mags, 4" Karata belt drive, PM 6 piston calipers front and rear, PM controls, snake skin seat, custom stretched tanks and dash to match and a 12" wide rear tire.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I've never been a fan of Bourget but I like this. I guess with that flar rear it's reall only good for going straight.

·
RAMOD
458 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
..... I guess with that flar rear it's reall only good for going straight.
Holy crap! Nice looking, but dayum, you aint turning that thing!

Allen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very nice. I'm not a fan of the Delortos, but this is a well done machine.
Does the K/V mag setup use the two big coils? I couldn't find them in the photos.

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MoPower said:
Very nice. I'm not a fan of the Delortos, but this is a well done machine.
Does the K/V mag setup use the two big coils? I couldn't find them in the photos.
Yes it does, Bean did a great job hiding them (they are hideous).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Do you need the kick stand??? Looks like it would stand up by itself?

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
I kinda like the look of the FAT rear and the carb set up. The Tank looks like it came off a VTX

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Back when Bourget designed that bike, the motorcycle tire manufacturers thought a 150 tire was bigger than Dallas...He was one of the pioneers treading the way to wide tire bikes that we known and (love/hate) today.

Since he wanted a huge rear tire, and noone made one, well...he did what he needed to do...I think he built the first 360 tire bike too...

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Great looking scooter but man that's got to be one rough riding SOB.

:chopper:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts