V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, so if I'm in wrong place tell me where to go!! First off I ride a Wing (4th one). Am thinking of coming over to other side. My main concern is pulling camper with Harley, either ultra or electra glide. I don't see many Harleys pulling them and was wondering if it's not a good idea or some other reason. Have a Bunkhouse weighing 300lbs empty and most of my riding is in mountains of Mt and BC two up. Any replies would be appreciated Thanks dj

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
People pull them all the time. There are some on this board that do.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
But you might want to start off your bike with a big bore or big bore/stroker kit from the get go, especially if you are pulling a trailer and a passenger through the mountains;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a bunkhouse too. I pulled it two years from Iowa to Sturgis, and around Iowa with a 97 FLHT that was hopped up some. But I pulled it out this year with a 2000 95" Ultra.
If your going to run the mountains I woud say go with a 95" kit. The 80" would pull it , but you would have to drop to 4th to pull a lot of the long steep hills. The 95" has power to spare. got better MPG too.
I even put brakes on my Bunkhouse, it stops better pulling the trailer than by itself.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I bought mine used, they used it one time. Like they said, they had to many toys. You can load all the stuff you need for camping in the trailer part. 22 cu.ft. The camper sits on top and folds out. And has a king size bed.
Of all the campers we have run across this is the best one. Everytime we set up we have all kinds of people checking it out. A lot already have campers but like ours more than theirs.
Its made by B&F Specialties of Elk Grove Village Il. http://www.bf-specialties.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FLHT and all others who replied thanks for input. Now to convince the boss it's OK to pull with Harley!! I agree with you FLHT about this being the best one around at this time. Pulled a smaller Kwik Kamp for 10 yrs and this pulls better and I get better milage with it Thanks Again dj

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I like to ride on the blueridge parkway. I see all types of harley's pulling trailers. For two up riding it looks like a must.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not a problem ....We have an Aspen classic....08 Ultra 96 inch does fine on flat ground at 65mphand up....We ride lots of two lanes in 5th.......Dont worry about it!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I have a Bushtec Turbo +2 and tow it with my Ultra and sometimes i forget its there. It is easy to tow and though braking seems longer and probably is, tow it is no issue whatsoever!
RJ

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
There are too many things to choose from.A good friend from Michigan stopped in the other day and is thinking about a Toy Hauler.Now that is something the wife and I liked the looks of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are too many things to choose from.A good friend from Michigan stopped in the other day and is thinking about a Toy Hauler.Now that is something the wife and I liked the looks of.
That's what I did. I bought a 8' x 16' enclosed trailer and have made it into a toy hauler of sorts.

I like it a lot. Now go ahead and blast me for trailering my bikes.

Phil

·
Cajun Peauxseur
5,384 Posts
Now go ahead and blast me for trailering my bikes.Phil
No need to do that... you already know you're missing out on the best part! :hystria::redrolf::hystria::redrolf:

Just kidding. Do what makes you happy. For me - I ride.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts