V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put the pullback bars on? I'm still trying to get comfy on my street glide. I need just a little less reach. Can these be changed WITH OUT changing all the cables and brake lines??? HD says to change, I hope not... Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
04softie said:
Has anyone put the pullback bars on? I'm still trying to get comfy on my street glide. I need just a little less reach. Can these be changed WITH OUT changing all the cables and brake lines??? HD says to change, I hope not... Thanks
Just put part number 55914-98 Touring Pull Back Bar on my FLHT today. Had to replace the front brake lines with the 45212-97B brake line kit ($149.95). There is no way the stock brake line from the splitter to the handle bar will fit. Also replaced the grips. The throttle cables and clutch cable will reach, but you have to re-route the clutch cable and the throttle cables are pretty tight. Took it out for a short test drive tonight to make sure the front brakes work (they do) and to make sure there was no interference from anything else I did (there wasn't).

I think the bars will be more comfortable once I get used to the new hand position.

Including the trip to the stealership for the brakeline kit, the install took me about 5 hours. Make sure you have the factory service manual. You'll need it.

Good luck with the install.:D

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
what part would the manual be needed for?

i need some more pull back on my RK.
shoulders are aching.

·
04 Ultra
248 Posts
If you do any work on your bike yourself it is good idea to have the service manual. Saves a lot of time and mistakes.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
I just bought the HD "Reach" bars for my RK. They are not quite what I wanted so they are for sale along with the recommended switch wiring extenders. $75 for both + shipping. [email protected]

(I know this may need to be in the classified section, but since I am responding to a specific question, I went out on a limb.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts